Community Forum

Can't active HBO GO on Apple TV

New Poster

Can't active HBO GO on Apple TV

When I try to sign in to xfinity from hbogo.com/activate (after selecting AppleTV as the device and Xfinity as the provider), an xfinity page loads saying the I "already have the service"  

Why isn't it being redirected back to hbogo.com, so that I can enter in the activation code?

Just noticed that the maxgo app isn't working for activation with comcast xinfity either!!!

What's going on Comcast?  How about a mass email or some kind of notification system that you are aware and are working on service outages?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't active HBO GO on Apple TV

New Poster

When I try to sign in to xfinity from hbogo.com/activate (after selecting AppleTV as the device and Xfinity as the provider), an xfinity page loads saying the I "already have the service"  

Why isn't it being redirected back to hbogo.com, so that I can enter in the activation code? 

I tried the solution from "tomagoes" and it does not work for me Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

Were you able to login on a computer to HBOgo or does it give you the same error message?

New Poster

Tried this and does not work.  It still redirects back to the xfinity page.

Visitor

Having the same problem. This solution is not working for me.
Problem Solver

Hi Thebbj,

I see your issue has been escalated and one of our agents will contact you within 72 hours. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm having problems too; this used to work! 

Right now, I try to activate via hbogo.com/activate but then it takes me to a page asking me to buy HBO On Demand (http://xfinity.comcast.net/instantly/watch/?cid=hbo&p=d) even though I already pay for HBO Go!!!

This is really ridiculous. I'm not able to activate HBO Go for the AppleTV even though I'm paying Comcast money for it. 

Frequent Visitor

Same here... wasn't working, then was working, now it's not working again.  Trying to finish GoT season 6 and suddenly my AppleTV wan't me to re-activate it.  COMCAST, FIX THIS!

New Poster

They're not going to fix it. It's low priority for them because streaming is bad for business.
Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Locking old inactive thread. Moving comment to it's own post.