Community Forum

Can't activate/sign in to HBO Go anymore

Regular Visitor

Re: Can't activate/sign in to HBO Go anymore

Soory

New Poster

I'm having the same issue as well.

When I try to PM @ComcastZach, I just end up w/ a semi blank page that doesn't allow me to send a message.  What is wrong w/ this forum system?

New Poster

ComcastZach, I am having this same problem.  It started about a month ago and I have contacted Comcast and HBO with no help.  I tried to Private Message you, but it didn't work.  Can you contact me for my account information?

Regular Visitor

Wish I could even figure out to send a PM

Frequent Visitor

I have had the same issue for the last 2.5 months. worked all the way though to level 3 engineering service, and I just found out after calling in tonight to advanced support that they closed my ticket without solving the problem, or even telling me it was being closed.  2.5 months, over 16 hours on the phone.  This in unnacceptable. 

New Poster

Please PM me (I have tried to send you a message but it is not opening up with a dialogue box for me to type into). I am having this same issue (have spend the last 2 hours reading through the forums and trying everything)--this is frustrating Smiley Sad

Regular Visitor

I was having this issue on my iPad. I went to hbogo app in iPad settings and removed the check box for 'use comcast' and it works. 

If this is your problem, hope it works for you too 

New Poster

Same issue and can't PM. 

Expert

@otrompke wrote:

Same issue and can't PM. 

after you post your PM feature is enabled. (try now to do the PM you were trying to do)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem as the below text.  I have gone through 3 or 4 calls, 4 or 5 hours on the phone with no luck.  can you help me out?

how do i private message for this problem so you guys can help me.  Below is the problem

"

Can't activate/sign in to HBO Go anymore

I just got forced to reactivate my HBO Go on my Xbox 360. When I went to activate it, I was brought to the Xfinity site instead of being asked to input my code. There was a button for me to add Hbo now, which is weird, since I have it. I clicked the button, and it said it was checking the price. But once it found my account, it just sent me directly to HBO's page, and had some message that basically said that I already had HBO. So on the HBO Go website, I went to play something to see if it worked, and it routed me back to the same page at Xfinity that asked me if I wanted to add HBO. "

Official Employee

Hello all, I can assist you with getting your HBO app working on the Xbox console. Does the app work on any other device? 

New Poster

Did anyone ever get a real fix for this? I have now called/chatted with reps 3 times, and keep getting the run around. Told that "it must be an HBO outage, we're looking into it". Second time the person didn't understand what I was trying to say was the issue. Tonight the rep told me "HBOgo is not our supported app, try it through xfinitiy stream", which I did, still no access to HBO. It has been a couple weeks of this now to the point we're paying for a separate streaming service just to have access to HBO shows we keep up with. If it wasn't for the fact it would mess up our cable/internet bundle price I would get rid of the cable portion altogether.

Frequent Visitor

No

Frequent Visitor

No I can't get HBO to work on any device, what's the deal? I already explained my issue, why can't anyone help any of us?  I want to swear, call you guys a bunch of C words....but I won't because I'm a nice guy...I'm sorry lol I'm really frustrated

Official Employee

SpaceMonkeyPie wrote: No I can't get HBO to work on any device, what's the deal? I already explained my issue, why can't anyone help any of us?  I want to swear, call you guys a bunch of C words....but I won't because I'm a nice guy...I'm sorry lol I'm really frustrated

I understand your frustration and we have been in contact with HBO to get this problem resolved, I have even tested with 4 devices in our lab to try and duplicate this issue but I am unable to do so which means this issue is more than likely tied to your account credentials. Can you please share what version of the app your device is running by clicking on the menu in the top left hand corner of the page and then click "settings"? 

@sjd08004, can you so this as well and reply with your results? 

Regular Visitor

ComcastZach,

I am also having the same issue with HBOGO and the Showtime anytime application. For whatever reason I am having trouble sending a direct messgae to you.

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

All,

I am also having the same issue and cannot login to HBOGO or Showtime Anytime since the last 2 months or so. 

I have submitted a service ticket and was able to send a message to Zach.

Frequent Visitor

I'm running version 14.0.0.138 of the HBO GO app on my XBOX One.  But I don't think that matters because I can't log on to hbogo on my laptop either.

Official Employee

SpaceMonkeyPie wrote: I'm running version 14.0.0.138 of the HBO GO app on my XBOX One.  But I don't think that matters because I can't log on to hbogo on my laptop either.

When you try and access HBO go on your laptop does it give you the same error? Does the page loop back to the sign in screen? Are you trying to access this from their website or the through the Xfinity website? 

New Poster

It gives the same error even when you access HBO Go via laptop/computer.

Once you login, you're redirected to the Xfinity offical page, so you're never even given the opportunity to watch anything

Official Employee

Aaron904 wrote: It gives the same error even when you access HBO Go via laptop/computer. Once you login, you're redirected to the Xfinity offical page, so you're never even given the opportunity to watch anything

Thank you for this information, if you're able to login with other Xfinity apps and online to view your account then your credentials are working correctly but your HBO access may need to be reprovisioned. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and I can look into this for you on my end.

Regular Visitor

After resetting my xfinity password, the issue seems to be resolved for me and HBO authentication works fine.

Thanks for your help!

Official Employee

serv1cewinn3r wrote: After resetting my xfinity password, the issue seems to be resolved for me and HBO authentication works fine. Thanks for your help!

Thank you for sharing this information with us here, I am glad ComcastZach was able to help you get this taken care of. Have a good day. 

Frequent Visitor

After 4 months I was finally able to log in to HBOgo. I'm not sure if it was this specific process, or Comcast finally did something after denying it SAS their log in portal issue for the last 4 months of taking on the phone. Here was the situation for when I was finally able to get it to work :
Please try to replicate my results.

Already logged in to Comcast email on Chrome on mobile phone. 
---
Opened HBOgo in Google chrome on galaxy S8 phone, it defaulted to the mobile version which prompts to open in the HBOgo app on the page. I selected under the chrome settings to request the desktop version. Selected to sign in from the HBOgo drop down. Selected Comcast xfinity. It gave me the option to open with the HBOgo app, Google Chrome, or the mobile internet app. I selected the HBOgo app, and for once it actually worked where it showed me logged in within the app for the first time in nearly 4 months. 

Good luck since Comcast doesn't seem willing to admit it's an issue for all of us.

Tags (1)