Community Forum

Can't access FOX News video streaming

Frequent Visitor

Can't access FOX News video streaming

Past two days cannot access FOX News streaming video, but can get FOX Radio streaming. I've tried numerous times, even changed my password, etc. Nothing works. Get to login... asks for user and password, the usual screen with the animated arrow flashes on, then it goes back to the list of resources... click on Xfinity again, and the process repeats itself.

How can I get out of this mess? Am a webmaster, need to watch the news feeds for clients, can't.... no matter what I try.

(Have input question to Xfinity with no answer yet.)

New Poster

Re: Can't access FOX News video streaming

I am having the exact same problem.  Worked fine until 

@a1000w wrote:

Past two days cannot access FOX News streaming video, but can get FOX Radio streaming. I've tried numerous times, even changed my password, etc. Nothing works. Get to login... asks for user and password, the usual screen with the animated arrow flashes on, then it goes back to the list of resources... click on Xfinity again, and the process repeats itself.

How can I get out of this mess? Am a webmaster, need to watch the news feeds for clients, can't.... no matter what I try.

this week.  The error message is "waiting for idp.securetve.com".  Please get this issue fixed fast!

Expert

@caroljane1 wrote:

I am having the exact same problem.  Worked fine until 

@a1000w wrote:

this week.  The error message is "waiting for idp.securetve.com".  Please get this issue fixed fast!

are you using a desk/laptop and if so have you tried using the Chrome browser?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Today, Saturday 6/9, after loggin off entirely overnight, I can now get into FOX News through Xfinity. Don't know if it was the "rest" overnight that did it, or if the problem has been addressed finally. Keeping my fingers crossed... it is not totally stable all the time!

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. I have to go to TV.Xfinity, then 'Browse', then 'News', then 'On Now', then 'America's News HQ' (or whatever's 'live.')  It's kind of a hassle when i spend so much $ for Xfinity.  I can't click easily between articles and streaming. 

Contributor

I got it working today, by clearing all browser cache, restarting the browser, and then going to the streaming site (http://video.foxnews.com/v/1241186546001/?#sp=watch-live).

Frequent Visitor

Forget it! Xfinity streaming on FOX News not working again today! To whom can we complain????

Expert

@a1000w wrote:

Forget it! Xfinity streaming on FOX News not working again today! To whom can we complain????

if you are accessing fox's own app, perhaps they have a help area under the app's settings menu?or using the fox new's web site might be a contact us link.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Frequent Visitor

Using desktop PC and Chrome. (Have also tried on Explorer and on Firefox. Am webmaster and MUSt be able to watch their streaming video for clients.)

Regular Visitor

I have had the same problem for 9 days now. At first, I was unable to also access the Fox News Stream on my two android devices. That problem cleared up after 4 or 5 days. But it remains on my Windows 10 system. It's exactly a a1000w described in the initial post to this thread.

I opened a ticket with Fox News a few days ago, but have not received a response as of yet.

Frequent Visitor

I've taken to watching Fox News on Roku and it's fairly good.

New Poster

1. I am having the same problem a number of people are having. I cannot access Fox News via Xfinity, obviously there is something going on here!!! Can tech suport explain. Someone knows what the issue is here can you let the paying customers in on it.

Jwc...

Official Employee

Hello all, we are aware of this issue and we have alerted FOX so that they can fix the problem on their end. In the meantime, you can stream FOX news via the Xfinity Stream app or online at www.comcast.com. 

New Poster

Comcast's official response to complaints about not receiving FOX NEWS was too slow for such a large company that receives about $200/mo from most of us. Faster folks....be more responsive . 

Official Employee

mccordanesthesi wrote: Comcast's official response to complaints about not receiving FOX NEWS was too slow for such a large company that receives about $200/mo from most of us. Faster folks....be more responsive . 

This issue is not a Comcast problem, nor was it caused by Comcast equipment. This is something that only FOX can fix, so we were not aware of the problem until after it was reported to us on platforms like this one. 

Regular Visitor

This problem is still ongoing. I don't think it should be marked as solved, regardless of who's problem it is. It would be helpful if COMCAST would contact Fox yet again and try to get this fixed for their customers.

Frequent Visitor

I am having same problem.  Fox news go asks for xfinity log in and then goes back to allowing 10 minutes of free access.  I have fox account also and they say it is Xfinity problem??  This just started last week.  Maybe comcast should buy 20th century fox?  Meanwhile, x1 streaming does work.

Expert

@claude7004 wrote:

This problem is still ongoing. I don't think it should be marked as solved, regardless of who's problem it is. It would be helpful if COMCAST would contact Fox yet again and try to get this fixed for their customers.

until foxnews' engineers fix the problem just use the Stream app or streaming website and play foxnews on the TVgo menu. 

New Poster

I'm having multiple problems, all only with Fox News.

Same issue as others here with FoxNewsGo; it logs me into Xfinity, but then stream never kicks in, and it just boots me back to "pick your provider" again.  Has been this way for a week.

On the TVs (all four), the picture is pixelated and sound choppy.  This just started today, but others here have been having these issues since March according to posts.

I can watch on Xfinity stream with no problems; clear picture and sound.

Expert

@ko1958 wrote:

I'm having multiple problems, all only with Fox News.

Same issue as others here with FoxNewsGo; it logs me into Xfinity, but then stream never kicks in, and it just boots me back to "pick your provider" again.  Has been this way for a week.

On the TVs (all four), the picture is pixelated and sound choppy.  This just started today, but others here have been having these issues since March according to posts.

I can watch on Xfinity stream with no problems; clear picture and sound.

the answer is in the post just above yorus. you can also use the Foxnews TVgo channel when away from home. I turn on background audio to listen so video is not draining battery.

Regular Visitor

This is not a viable solution to the problem. The Fox website has some archived content (e.g., full shows) that require you to log in to view. Since no COMCAST customer can log in, and archived content is not offered by COMCAST streaming apps, the customer can not view this content.

Expert

@claude7004 wrote:

This is not a viable solution to the problem. The Fox website has some archived content (e.g., full shows) that require you to log in to view. Since no COMCAST customer can log in, and archived content is not offered by COMCAST streaming apps, the customer can not view this content.

please keep in mind that Comcast can't 'fix' Foxnew's broken verification system. at least you can use the Stream app in or outside of your home (and audio only if you like).

New Poster

I am having this same issue.  Started about 10 days or so ago.  I watch archived content on Fox News and have been unable to.  I called Comcast tech support last week they said they had not idea there was an issue.  I have deleted cookies and clear cache for fox, idx.securetve, as well has xfinity to try and resolve on my own.  No luck.

My symptoms are the same, endless loop of logging into provider never getting content.  Can this be escalated?

Expert

@bshea68 wrote:

I am having this same issue.  Started about 10 days or so ago.  I watch archived content on Fox News and have been unable to.  I called Comcast tech support last week they said they had not idea there was an issue.  I have deleted cookies and clear cache for fox, idx.securetve, as well has xfinity to try and resolve on my own.  No luck.

My symptoms are the same, endless loop of logging into provider never getting content.  Can this be escalated?

I just tested it and they got it fixed. I activated on home wifi so didn't have to do user/pass. after hitting done (I had pressed live button) it went right to video

New Poster

Same here, fixed.  I emailed Fox yesterday, not sure if that did anything but it made me feel better.  Glad to have archives of nightly shows back.

New Poster

Fox News Go is still not working for me on Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Expert

@caroljane1 wrote:

Fox News Go is still not working for me on Internet Explorer or Firefox.

do other TVgo channels work? if so call 800-Comcast and ask the agent to perform a deep background account refresh (can take an hour to complete). working?

Official Employee

caroljane1  wrote: Fox News Go is still not working for me on Internet Explorer or Firefox.

I am more than happy to assist you with getting your FOX access refreshed on my end, if you're still having issues please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number. To send me a private message click on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".