Community Forum

Aimduos android emulator to get stream app

Regular Visitor

Aimduos android emulator to get stream app

I recently purchased a surface pro 5. There is no windows app to download xfinity stream so I downloaded aimduos which is an android emulator. I was able to download xfinity stream and it will let me access everything. When I try to play videos it tries to access then goes to Buffer and then reverts to watch or info. I noticed that when it tries to play it flashes before it goes to buffering. I am really getting frustrated, first with the fact that there is no windows app and now this android issue. I hope there is a fix has anyone out there managed to get a windows machine to work on this app?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Aimduos android emulator to get stream app

Billk1371 wrote:

I recently purchased a surface pro 5. There is no windows app to download xfinity stream so I downloaded aimduos which is an android emulator. I was able to download xfinity stream and it will let me access everything. When I try to play videos it tries to access then goes to Buffer and then reverts to watch or info. I noticed that when it tries to play it flashes before it goes to buffering. I am really getting frustrated, first with the fact that there is no windows app and now this android issue. I hope there is a fix has anyone out there managed to get a windows machine to work on this app?

I never was able to get the app to stream in an emulator.

Why not use the streaming web site?

https://tv.xfinity.com

Regular Visitor

No Windows support, you can watch but not record for when I am traveling
Bronze Problem Solver

Billk1371 wrote:
No Windows support, you can watch but not record for when I am traveling

You can do the same on the web site that you can do in the app. The app no longer lets you set/modify recordings either. Tivo won ruling that xf is violating patents so the function has been removed.

More info here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/td-p/3006332

Regular Visitor

My wife can still record on her Ipad and my emulator says I am recording it just won't play
Bronze Problem Solver

Billk1371 wrote:
My wife can still record on her Ipad and my emulator says I am recording it just won't play

As I said, streaming whether live, on demand, or a recording has not been accomplished using an emulator. Second, recordings don't happen on a device, they happen on the STB and cloud dvrs. The recordings are then streamed or downloaded to the device to view.

Sorry, but I don't believe your wife can schedule recordings in the xf streaming app.  She can watch recordings, see a list of scheduled recordings, and see a red dot in the listing indicating that a recording is scheduled. What version of the app is she using?

Regular Visitor

Just did it, sorry but you are incorrect. not sure which version but it is still working on her ipad

Bronze Problem Solver

Billk1371 wrote:

Just did it, sorry but you are incorrect. not sure which version but it is still working on her ipad

Well please inform us which version she has, the rest of us would like to be able to set recordings remotely.

Regular Visitor

I finally gave up on Aimduos, just couldn't get it to Olay or record anything. I Jane downloaded Bluestacks 3 and Terrarium with mixed results. I wish we could get a Microsoft app on Comcast
Bronze Problem Solver

Billk1371 wrote:
I finally gave up on Aimduos, just couldn't get it to Olay or record anything. I Jane downloaded Bluestacks 3 and Terrarium with mixed results. I wish we could get a Microsoft app on Comcast

You never told us what version of the app your wife has that still allows setting recordings.