Community Forum

Ad Issue during Video Playback on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/

New Poster

Re: "Perception" video bugged

I am too getting the overwhelming ads and off of a sudden BOOM it stops and gets stuck on a add, it is not playing (blackberry AND this is Sears ad at this time) or doing anything and forces me to refresh the page and watch all the dumb adds that mean  nothing to me at all. and its a 20% chance that it will go to the show i was watching.. Assure you that my computer is more than capable of playing any video, my computer is always completely up to date. 

and something I see only find funny the ad that have terrible lag are the Comcast commercial advertising how fast Comcast "Xfinity" services are

Regular Contributor

Joe:

Last week I was able to watch the first half of the Falling Sky's premiere "On Thin Ice" without a problem but now I can't watch the 2nd half "Collateral Damage" without it getting stuck on commerials. I've tried refreshing the brower (at least four times) and I get the "Restart or Resume" screen and if I resume I watch the same set of commerials and when I get to an AARP or Sprint commerical it gets stuck and won't complete.

- Norm

Regular Contributor

By the way, when I say "Stuck on commercials" I meant the introductory commercials that play before the episode actually starts. There is no way to skip over or bypass that set of commercials and when it gets stuck at the end before the episode starts to play it makes the episode unwatchable.

I was able to go to the TNT website and watch the second and third episode that don't work on the Comcast site.

New Poster

Re: Commercials Freeze

has there been any motion on this issue? I am having similar problems on any show i try to play (multiple episodes of the big bang theory in particular)

Frequent Visitor

Additional data point: I was able to watch Falling Skies episode 2 & 3 (third season) without the pathological commercial problem I saw previously. These only included the "normal" amount of commercials and the usual twice in a row repeat of some of the commercials.

Episode 2 was a 44 minute 54 second epside and the whole show including commercials was 67 minutes, so a total of 22 minutes of commercials in a 45 minute show. The cable version of the same show takes 60 minutes, so the online version has 7 more minutes of commercials.

Episode 3 was a 44 minute 53 second episode that took 69 minutes to watch (24 minutes of commercials). This episode had a freeze at 08:03 and I had to restart. Amusingly enough, commercials included Falling Skies season premier on 6/9 -- kind of waste, since I was watching on 6/17.

New Poster

@TV JOE!!!!!! THIS PROBLEM IS NEW SINCE THIS LAST WEEK. IT's YOUR NEW VIEWER FORMAT.

THIS IS A NEW UPDATE... HULU VIEWER TV FORMAT.  THIS IS A DEFENITE TECH ISSUE .  GET RID OF IT AND RETURN TO OLD VERSION PLEASE OR WE ARE QUITTING THE CADILLAC PRICED SERVICE>

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: "Perception" video bugged / XFINITY _ HELLO??? HULU BORROWED VIEWER IS CORRUPT

NOPE, JOE, THE AD RESPONSE IS A PAT ANSWER. GET YOUR TECH PEOPLE ON THIS IMMEDIATELY.

THIS IS A FAULTY UPDATE.

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS. I IS RIDICULUOUS. A COUPLE ADS, FINE, BUT THIS IS DEFINITELY AN ISSUE W SILVERLIGHT INTEL MICRO OR OTHER IN COMBO. W/ THE DUMB NEW HULU LABELED VIEWER. 

SHOULD WE CANCEL OUR MEMBERSHIP AND GO TO HULU AND PAY LESS? IS THAT WHAT XFINITY PREFERS?  YOU ARE ADVERTISING THAT A SUBPAR SERVICE IS AVAILABLE, perhaps cheaper than Xfinity? 

35 commercials b/c fixing anything on the screen adds 4 commercials for every darn click near the video viewer.  FIXING - 4 x each 5 minutes.

YOU DO THE MATH IF JUST A PAT ANSWER. THIS IS A WAY TO LOSE MASS CUSTOMERS.  DO YOU WANT TO BE RESPONSIBE FOR LOSING MUCHO $ IN CUSTOMERS?

Your older version - JUST A FEW DAYS BACK - WAS JUST FINE!

I have done nothing w/ updates on mys system, but the video player this weekend is the worst I've seen.

New Poster

Re: "Perception" video bugged / WAKE UP TV JOE?!!!!

WAKE UP JOE!!!!!  THIS IS NOT A PARTICULAR SHOW ISSUE IT IS GLOBAL. WE NEED SOMEONE ON THIS IN TECH ASAP!!!!

Tags (2)
New Poster

Re: "Perception" video bugged / WAKE UP TV JOE?!!!!

Same issue here. I'm at the point of giving up on this service.

Falling Skies, Sniper, Monsters Vs Aliens, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, everything I have tried to watch over the last week I haven't gotten past the first set of commercials without having to close, resume, try to get back to where I was, watch another 6-8mins of commercials, only to be left with the final frame of a commercial and your video will resume shortly...lol.

My Device Information   My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/6.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; NP06; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; AskTbORJ/5.15.2.23037; AlexaToolbar/amzni-3.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20125.0 My Flash version: 11.7.700.224 Javascript: enabled                     Cookies: Enabled (2105 Bytes).  

New Poster

Re: Watch TV online - it is stuck playing ads!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really need to get fixed. The commercial will play for 10 mins at a time or be stuck in a loop and/or it will freeze up and the show won't resume. We should not have to spend an hour to watchi a 21 minutes show. 

Contributor

tried to watch masterchef online last two weeks, both weeks after commercials in the middle of the show, the video becomes choppy-not watchable- and the audio sounds like static and it never recovers

New Poster

Video won't resume after commercial break

I am watching a TV program online.  Once the commercial break starts the commercial stalls and my program does not resume.  I've shut down my browser and rebooted, but the problem persists.  I've checked my CPU usage and there is no resource problem. 

Frequent Visitor

Streampix freezes at commercial breaks

I have been attempting to watch some television episodes via Xfinity streampix. About 1 out of 2 of the commercial breaks will begin the "commercial" process and stop dead. If I refresh the page, I get the option to restart or resume. If I choose restart, I now get to watch the entire episode from the beginning. If I try to skip to my place, I get to gamble whether or not the impending commercial will break the stream again. If I choose resume, I immediately get a commercial break (might work, might not) and if it does play properly, it is about a minute befor the culprit commercial break. I then get to flip a coin at the same commercial break as before. Something is not working right. This happens in both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox even after clearing all cache information. I am finding the Streampix site unwatchable. I can't be the only one....

New Poster

Re: Video won't resume after commercial break

I've been having the same problem.  Specifically it seems to be with A&E shows like Shipping Wars (although it could also be others).  The same problem persists in both Google Chrome and IE 9.  Usually the first ad will play the audio and the screen will be stuck on the last frame of the show before the ad.  The second series of ad will start for half a second and then freeze and nothing else will happen.  When I refresh the same series of problem continues.

To make matter worse, to get back to where you left off you have to click resume to get you close to where you left off, then listen to the same ad you listened to earlier, then it allows you to click forward which will make you go through another ad and since it's the second series of ads it will just freeze again.

Please fix this!  It is extremely irritating. 

OT, Xfinity please finally support HBOGO on the Roku Box as you already have native support for the Apple TV now.

New Poster

Re: Streampix freezes at commercial breaks

No you're not the only one. But given it's Comcast a fix will be a looonng time coming. This is more than annoying.

New Poster

This is a problem with Comcast/Xfinity. It won't do much good for one person to send you their information. This is a mulitple user problem. It's something you changed. It's happening to many users, it's annoying, it needs to be addressed.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Streampix freezes at commercial breaks

Do you have an ad blocking software or add-ons enabled? Try disabling it and see if Streampix works.

Frequent Visitor

I'm watching The Mentalist "Blood for Blood" and I"m having the same problem. I've experienced it with other shows, but it's especially bad right now. I don't think it's the episode though - I think it's a problem with the video player / ad software. LOL, and it's the same commercials being looped over and over. At this point, it's actually making me want to NOT buy the products or watch Xfinity TV. Netflix and Hulu don't torture me like this....

New Poster

Well I find what you said to be half honest and half B.S. sir, yes there have to be commercials but there is also this amazing new technology you might have heard of called DVR. It allows you to bypass the commercials that are ridiculous to begin with. There isn't an option for it bc the company don't want one even though the customer is the one paying and getting screwed.
Thanks though for the lube provided by your words.
New Poster

Hello I had this same problem and it was the pop up blocker that was causing the ads not to resume properly.It does not happen on every video though just some so when it happens go to Ie--->tools---->internet options--->privacy----->un-check ad blocker! close ALL of your open ie windows and resume playing your video. Make sure to turn on your pop up blocker when done! I assume this works in all browsers.

Regular Contributor

See my reply to this problem in this thread:

Advertisement Issues

New Poster

I have to chime in on this.  I too have noticed rediculous amounts of commercials per program watch time.

Just to resume my episode of falling skies i had to watch 4 minutes of ads, then 4 minutes of ads every 10 minutes or so.

When the player originally launched, the ads were reasonable....   30 seconds to 2 minutes of ads every 10 minutes.  

THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED BACK NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU ARE GETTING FROM YOUR ADVERTISERS, YOU ARE LOOSING IT IN PEOPLE NOT USING THIS APP!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Tried to watch "Burn Notice" S7E3 tonight -- unfortunately it was not possible. Got about 10 mins in, and commercial would play and screen would go black. Waited 10 mins, but no progress, so tried a reload, which plays the same commercial again then goes black. Tried a few times and once in a while I see about 40 seconds of the program starting from earlier in the stream, but then goes back to the same commercial.

HBO seems to be working fine.

Frequent Visitor

Tonight, I was able to watch both episodes of Burn Notice. Ads at the beginning were a little wonky (stopped before they were finished, repeated several times), but the content eventually played. Had to restart once after I paused. Some of the ads were replaced with public service or "thank you for watching USA network" filler.

Frequent Visitor

I am also having this problem. Extremely frustrating! Normathome has said in a prior post that Comcast is basically ignoring this issue despite numerous complaints. So, even when my internet is actually fast (which happens very rarely living in an apartment building) I can't get anything to play without a massive dose of frustration. Comcast had best hope no one else comes along who can offer these services in my area because I will be GONE.

Frequent Visitor

This is NOT a one person/computer problem. I've had the exact same issue multiple times, watching multiple different shows. I've also seen virtually identical complaints in at least 4 different threads. My computer has no problems with Hulu ads...

Regular Visitor

It's not the ad blockers that are causing these issues. I just started having these issues today and I haven't changed any of my settings. The issue is on their end where the ads freeze up completely refusing to allow you to continue to the video. This issue is happening with AGT as well. So it's not a specific show that it's affecting it's watching any videos through them that's the issue. So I think I might find another way to watch my show.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here.  It was intermittent but now I'm watching

Franklin & Bash “Out of the Blue” and after the Phoenix advert it just stops with black screen.

Does it full screen or not. In Firefox 23 or Chrome.

Updated Flash but no change..

Contributor

I've been having this problem for many MONTHS! I've even run threads (which no longer exist).

It's always associated with a new commercial. Today it's Pikmin 3 for the Wii. I watch the same three commercials three times over, then the screen drops to a Pikmin 3 add in just the top left corner. This add cycles through three or four non animated screens. Then just sits there.

I've re-loaded 3-4 times and ALWAYS end up back where I started. Staring at Pikmin 3 AGAIN.

Historically it has been either Franklin and Bash, or Roselli and Isles that it happens with. Today it's Pikmin 3.

Contributor
Contributor

To the top with this thread! It needs to be right next to all the other ads of the exact same subject.

Contributor

BUMPpage! ;-)

Moving ALL of this issue to page 1. Welcome to the club!

Regular Visitor

Thanks for popping those to the top, not that we'll see any fix from it as if it's been going on for months they obviously don't care. I am simply going OUT of xfinity and watching it from the actual channel that broadcast it online. THEY don't have these issues!

Frequent Visitor

Happening still. Last night and this morning on "Perception".

Soooo annoying.

New Poster

What happen to old Comcast Joe with a solution??? There are plenty of posts about this problem on this site and no solutions. I keep having the same problem with different shows using Chrome or Explorer. Come on Comcast fix your defective product or dont put it out there at all.

New Poster

Re: Commercials keep looping not playing episodes

I am have this problem too. The commercials keep looping and I cannot watch anything. It just plays the same commercial over and over. Sometimes the commerical has sound and other times it does not. I cannot watch anything online now.

Any suggestions. I have no anti-virus and I'm using Chrome.

Super Annoyed.

Regular Visitor

Re: Commercials keep looping not playing episodes

I am actually answering my own query as to looping. I found this to be of help; I cleared the cache/browsing history in Google/Chrome 'from the beginning of time', restarted my computer and I didn't have the problem for a couple of weeks. When it occurred again, I simply repeated the same procedure...and so on. I do hope this works for you as well.

New Poster

These ads that either freeze or loop and play 5 or more of them at a time is really inconvienent. Please fix. 

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 172 My Map ID: 280 My Persona ID: 9839 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 50.136.157.32 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 6.1 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_5) AppleWebKit/537.73.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/6.1.1 Safari/537.73.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20125.0 My Flash version: 11.8.800 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2413 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Dec 21 2013 23:42:34 GMT-0800 (PST) Server Clock Time: Sat Dec 21 2013 23:42:25 GMT-0800 (PST)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Du, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Hr, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Em, Ax, Bs, At, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Co, Gh, Ir, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Cz, Ia, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Bx, Fn, Ff, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Dn, Ft, Bq, Aw, Dc, Da, Im, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, Ej, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Poster

Absent commercials

For several shows, I've gotten to the third commercial break, and there is no commercial available.  So the show freezes and you cannot watch the end.

For example, Shipping Wars Season 5 Episode 7.

The default should set to return to the show in 30 seconds if there is no commercial available.

New Poster

sorry ast service. I see same comments that are old about the same problem I am having today. cant watch the frickin show I want to watch

New Poster

I'd like to be able to finish watching the Dicken biography on BIO     My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 160 My Map ID: 146 My Persona ID: 5232 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: false Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 68.40.177.193 My operating system: Windows - rv:21.0 My web browser: Firefox 21 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20913.0 My Flash version: 11.9.900 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (1807 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Dec 26 2013 17:35:05 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Thu Dec 26 2013 17:34:38 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, gt, du, cy, fk, ep, eq, hc, dm, cq, hb, eu, ey, ee, fm, u, gz, fc, eh, bt, gi, ja, bw, jg, gf, bu, by, em, ax, bs, at, bl, ix, gd, fo, bp, gw, gr, iy, k, dg, dt, bn, ha, bi, bj, ce, ez, dx, gk, fh, fd, do, fy, is, au, ew, ed, b, dj, de, h, fa, ci, a, fx, gq, cp, jf, cw, ge, ea, cb, eb, bz, co, gh, ir, jc, gn, dp, gg, gl, dh, f, m, en, gp, fi, cd, cf, fb, ar, cg, df, cu, cz, c, br, fe, n, ex, ga, fw, bh, fz, bx, dw, bb, bc, fn, ff, dv, fs, ct, cs, et, cv, gv, fr, db, dr, bm, jb, gm, bk, er, fv, dy, cj, bo, dn, ft, bq, aw, dc, da, im, fq, fl, bv, el, di, fu, cx, dq, fg, cm, fp, ds, eo, gx, d, y, es, gj, ev, ht, gc, fj, cn, ch, gb, eg, cc Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
Official Employee

Re: Absent commercials

Hi, thanks for reporting this issue in the forums! - I can successfully reproduce the problem. I'll get a team looking into it.

Your correct that we should simply be brining you back to the show if there's no ad or something goes wrong during the loading of the ad. I'll also check to see if we are catching this in our error reporting.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Shipping-Wars/8130650023233448112/99573827586/Pop%2C-the-Tragic-D...

Thanks,
Tony

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

please fix this ASAP!!! My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: 1 My Conroller ID: 149 My Map ID: 118 My Persona ID: 5205 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.15.137.8 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 7 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_1) AppleWebKit/537.73.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/7.0.1 Safari/537.73.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20513.0 My Flash version: 11.9.900 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2479 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Dec 27 2013 19:32:27 GMT-0600 (CST) Server Clock Time: Fri Dec 27 2013 19:32:21 GMT-0600 (CST)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Cy, Hp, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hk, Dm, Hr, Ip, Dd, Hb, Eu, Ey, Fm, Fc, Eh, Gi, Bw, Gf, Hz, Em, Bs, At, Hx, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, J, Bn, Ig, Hg, Hw, It, Hq, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Fy, Ec, Iq, Au, Ew, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, Fa, A, Fx, Jf, Ge, Ea, Cb, Co, Gh, Ir, Ho, Gg, Gl, Iu, F, M, En, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Hi, Hm, Df, Cu, Cz, Ia, C, Fe, Ex, Hu, Ic, Ga, Fw, Fz, Ib, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Hh, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Hj, Cv, Fr, Db, Gm, Ik, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Ft, He, Il, Bq, Ij, Ie, Fq, Fl, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Fg, Fp, Hl, Eo, Gx, Ej, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Hf, Cn, Ch, Gb, Hs, Ih, Hn, Cc Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

I'm having the exact same problem... I start watching a movie on demand like Hottub Time Machine and the movie freezes after the first commerical break. After five commercials play, I'm left with a blank screen. This also happens if I exit the browser and then try to "resume" the movie. For whatever reason, the first segment plays fine... no problems with video quality at all. It just won't continue once the commericials are over. Don't have any problems with the "live" TV channels here either.

Official Employee

Re: Absent commercials

@ComcastTony wrote:

Hi, thanks for reporting this issue in the forums! - I can successfully reproduce the problem. I'll get a team looking into it.

Your correct that we should simply be brining you back to the show if there's no ad or something goes wrong during the loading of the ad. I'll also check to see if we are catching this in our error reporting.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Shipping-Wars/8130650023233448112/99573827586/Pop%2C-the-Tragic-D...

I can confirm the same issue with Hot Tub Time Machine, stay tuned while we look into this problem.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Hot-Tub-Time-Machine/6841498054330178112/98661955570/Hot-Tub-Time...

Thanks,
Tony

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have this same problem. My flash and shockwave players are up to date along with java, so I'm pretty sure those aren't the problem. I have noticed that the freezes tend to happen most often with the Dodge commericials featuring the lead from Anchorman 2, commericials for Hulu Plus' 'The Misfits', ads for 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug', and ads for the Fusion network. I don't know if it's related, but I thought it might be a place to start from.

New Poster

I have been trying to watch Akira via Adult Swim on demand. I get 10 minutes into the movie and a commercial for "The Lone Ranger" tries to play but cannot. I have tried to watch this film TEN TIMES NOW and it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have provided ad feedback on that ad about TEN TIMES NOW but nothing happens, which seems to be the standard for Comcast customer service. 

Regular Visitor

online videos not playing now 4 over a week

my online xfinitytv is not workking. when u click play it plays the ads and then gos to a small screen and buffers forever wo playing. im starting to get really annoyed. have done everthing on my end, obviously from reading other posts this is a common problem that should have been fixed already before u start losing customers.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Where is Comcast JOE?!?

New Poster

Comcast Joe is in the backroom counting all the extra money they are making by people watching 3x as many commercials as they restart the video repeatedly in an attempt to fix this problem.... lol.