Community Forum

11700 Error

Frequent Visitor

11700 Error

Hi, I'm getting the following error which means I can't watch TV on my PC or Laptop:
Something's not right here   We are having trouble adding this device to your account. Please call 1-800-XFINITY and mention error 11700. (Error ftde.provision.11700)    
I called but they were unable to solve the problem. CAN YOU HELP???  Let me know what info you need from me. Thanks.  
Expert

Re: 11700 Error

@jax49 wrote:
Hi, I'm getting the following error which means I can't watch TV on my PC or Laptop:
Something's not right here   We are having trouble adding this device to your account. Please call 1-800-XFINITY and mention error 11700. (Error ftde.provision.11700)    
I called but they were unable to solve the problem. CAN YOU HELP???  Let me know what info you need from me. Thanks.  

your account has a low number of devices that can access your streaming service. If you are giving out the username/pass and letting others use your subscription then that is limiting you from using your own service. Otherwise, if you are just closing a browser window and not stopping the viewing of a program and returning to the listings then it is probable that each time you are "locking up" one of the slots even though you are using the same computer/browser later. If you believe it is someone using your username/password without your permission please change your stream app username's password and reply to this post asking to have all the devices deprovisioned. that means each device will have to log in again using the new password.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

I don't believe anyone is using my account. BUT, for several weeks everytime I opened Xfinity it asked me to name my "new" device, even tho there were no changes made on my end.

Regardless, I need devices deprovisioned. Hopefully that will correct the problem.

Expert

@jax49 wrote:

I don't believe anyone is using my account. BUT, for several weeks everytime I opened Xfinity it asked me to name my "new" device, even tho there were no changes made on my end.

Regardless, I need devices deprovisioned. Hopefully that will correct the problem.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Hope I don't miss the answer - just learning how to use these forums. 

Official Employee

Hi Jax49, I have removed all of your devices, can you please retest and let me know if you are still getting the 11700 error?

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Hi Phill,

That corrected the problem. Finally I can watch on my PC again. 

Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi Jax49, glad to hear that corrected your issue. Is there anything else I could assist with?

Thank you