Community Forum

11700 Error`

New Poster

11700 Error`

I am getting the 11700 error message.  I have contacted Support desk numerous times, but no assistance.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Any help is very much appreciated.  Thank you. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 11700 Error`

@Mekanikwrote:

I am getting the 11700 error message.  I have contacted Support desk numerous times, but no assistance.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Any help is very much appreciated.  Thank you. 

You have reached the limit of number of registered devices. A comcast rep will have to remove them. Be sure your browser is not deleting cookies or the problem will happen again.

Official Employee

Hello @Mekanik

I removed the devices on the account. You should be able to login now with no error. 

Have a great day!

New Poster

Thank you very much for the help Arlene.  It is appreciated!!

Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the dreaded 11700 error also - can you help? TIA

Regular Visitor

Right now I am checking CCleaner cookies that are allowed to stay during cleaning.  I was wiping all the cookies for Comcast and Xfinity every single day.  Then I added a new tablet. Error 11700.
Devices total 4 right now.

New Poster

Thank you very much Cooper. 

New Poster

I am ALSO getting the error 11700 and in my opinion the people at 800 XFINITY are USELESS.  They don't know anything about it or what to do.  Since you have helped other customers I am hoping you can also help me ------ Thank you

carlsperr7990

Expert

@CARLSPERR7990 wrote:

I am ALSO getting the error 11700 and in my opinion the people at 800 XFINITY are USELESS.  They don't know anything about it or what to do.  Since you have helped other customers I am hoping you can also help me ------ Thank you

carlsperr7990 

regular reason for this issue is closing browser windows to stop playback instead of using the controls and exiting back to the menu (for example go back to recordings or live program guide). Have you already changed your account password?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Admin1

Hi CARLSPERR7990 -- That error means you've exceeded your streaming device limit. You'll need an employee to clear your streaming devices. You can send me a PM with your name and either phone number or account number. I'll clear your devices for you. 

Regular Visitor

Error 11700 fixed by ComcastZach above, thanks again.
Next question - how many streaming devices in the household is too many?
Using multiple computers and clearing cookies in error hundreds of times - no error.
Adding a tablet - error 11700 right away.

New Poster

I don't have a tablet so that can't be the problem for me.

Expert

@CARLSPERR7990 wrote:

I don't have a tablet so that can't be the problem for me.

are you using the streamsite or the Stream TV app? is that giving you the error message?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

Hi,

I'm not getting the error anymore - thank you!!!!

Frequent Visitor

i NEED HELP. April of 2016 I got error 11700.........not able to stream....... not able to add or remove device............ and not able to record on xfinity 1 DVD. It took a whole year till March of 2017 to fix my problem........ now on the 4th of July all of a sudden I can't stream to my computer that has not changed at all. I have not deleted cookies at all......... and it keeps giving me the 11700 error message and does not recognize my device. I have called up customer service..... they claimed to have trouble adding or deleting devices and they reset modem, telling me to turn off and turn on computer - LIKE THAT'S GOING TO HELP........ and I feel like I'm getting the run around, AGAIN, where comcast is punishing me for streaming to my computer. I hope I hope I don't have to wait another WHOLE YEAR to be able to stream again. It's just very frustrating that I they allow you to stream then they take away your service to do that!

Is there anyone who can help me correct this problem and I don't have to wait another year ............ customer service is no help. Any help would be much appreciated! 

Ivan Richman

Expert

@iHoe wrote:

i NEED HELP. April of 2016 I got error 11700.........not able to stream....... not able to add or remove device............ and not able to record on xfinity 1 DVD. It took a whole year till March of 2017 to fix my problem........ now on the 4th of July all of a sudden I can't stream to my computer that has not changed at all. I have not deleted cookies at all......... and it keeps giving me the 11700 error message and does not recognize my device. I have called up customer service..... they claimed to have trouble adding or deleting devices and they reset modem, telling me to turn off and turn on computer - LIKE THAT'S GOING TO HELP........ and I feel like I'm getting the run around, AGAIN, where comcast is punishing me for streaming to my computer. I hope I hope I don't have to wait another WHOLE YEAR to be able to stream again. It's just very frustrating that I they allow you to stream then they take away your service to do that!

Is there anyone who can help me correct this problem and I don't have to wait another year ............ customer service is no help. Any help would be much appreciated! 

Ivan Richman

code means too many authorized devices (probably same device but the browser window is closed without stopping the stream first until limit is 'hit'). call 800-Comcast select TV problems, ask agent to deprovision your streaming devices. if the agent doesn't know what that means etc, ask for a supervisor.

Frequent Visitor

thanks for your quick response and I'll be doing that tomorrow........ right now it's BBQ time! happy 4th!

Frequent Visitor

customer service couldn't help me.......so I got to thinking.......... my phone has an app for Xfinity stream......... I never use it........ I opened it and sure enough it's working....... I can stream........... I signed out and low and behold........... My computer now streams again through Xfinity website! oh boy! I never use the phone to stream ANYTHING so I deleted the app! hopefully this will solve my problems now.

Frequent Visitor

another update............ So last night I deleted an Xfinity stream app on my phone and my computer temporarily allowed me to log into the xfinity/stream on my computer. So I thought that would solve the problem..... NOT.......... this morning I tried to log in on my computer and it would not work. THIS ISN'T RIGHT, SOMETHING IS WRONG PLEASE CALL 1-800- COMCAST AND MENTION ERROR 11700. Still no joy and the agents have to go through All THE SAME TROUBLESHOOTING that I have repeatedly done and no one will help solve the problem. I have logged into MY ACCOUNT and it won't allow me to ADD OR DELETE a device to manage my DEVICES!

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR DO I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR TO GET THE STREAMING TO WORK............ love the commercials by the way! oh, you can stream to any device with comcast........ but don't use too much or they block you and you will never get the right help...... maybe they will be kind to you in A YEAR OR SO....... and allow you to stream again. This is the way I feel........ no help at all. Sorry, just frustrated.

can not add or delet device from account.JPG
Frequent Visitor

can anyone fix this problem?

Something's not right.JPG
Expert

@iHoe wrote:

can anyone fix this problem?

11700 is usually caused by improperly closing streaming website sessions by closing the browser instead of exiting from the viewing of a stream properly. call 800-Comcast and select TV technical support and ask the agent to deprovision all your streaming devices. If the agent doesn't know what you mean ask for a supervisor.

Frequent Visitor

this is the second time that you gave me this advice and I believe you! You have to DEPROVISION ALL DEVICES. After calling 1-800- COMCAST they are too busy to even accept new calls........ so I called up the COMCAST ADVANCE REPAIR TEAM! They showed me how I can DEPROVISION ALL MY DEVICES by resetting the modem! Then renaming the lines for 2.4 & 5 and adding new password.......... once that is done you can go ahead and add your device to the WiFi and whaaaaaaaaaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa DONE! everything works again! A very nice gentleman showed told me that I can do all this myself by downloading the xfi app to my phone and I'll have access to it all! NOW THAT'S GETTING THINGS DONE......... Glad I didn't have to wait a whole year to reset my device to stream again! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!