Community Forum

xr15 pairing with av receiver without a code

New Poster

xr15 pairing with av receiver without a code

I have a Panasonic SA-xr57 AV receiver that I was able to pair with past Xfinity remotes, but now that I have the xr15 remote, I can't pair it with the codes provided with set up. Is there a way to pair without a code? For example, press two buttons until the light turns green then hit the up channel button until the receiver turns off. 

Thanks!

Expert

Re: xr15 pairing with av receiver without a code

@Downtown207 wrote:

I have a Panasonic SA-xr57 AV receiver that I was able to pair with past Xfinity remotes, but now that I have the xr15 remote, I can't pair it with the codes provided with set up. Is there a way to pair without a code? For example, press two buttons until the light turns green then hit the up channel button until the receiver turns off. 

Thanks!

using your remote press the A button and select set up remote. follow the directions (skip TV or pretend tV is working and move to audio/receiver)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I did that but the codes provided did not work, so I'm thinking that the receiver is too old for the codes. I didn't know if there was a way to pair without a code, namely have the set up run through code automatically. I have in the past been able to press two buttons and then press the channel buttom until the light blinks for something similar that means a code has been found. Do you know of a similar way with the xr15?

Diamond Problem Solver

Press the A+D button, LED light goes from red to green, then enter 992, then CH up until your receiver turns off. If it doesn’t turn off, there’s no compatible code

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

It worked! Thank you so much!!!!

Diamond Problem Solver

You’re welcome, glad you got it going

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!