Community Forum

xr15 30 second skip

Regular Visitor

Re: xr15 30 second skip

Tech replaced my XR11 with XR15 and it was already set-up as well.

Regular Visitor

@LizCCT4 wrote:
So exit exit exit and whatever numerical value you enter like 0030 or 0500 changes the time of replay. But if you just want to hit one simple button after setting the time you want skipped just push PAGE DOWN to replay back and PAGE UP to go forward on the XR15 remote

As Arthur Fonzarelli would have said, on the TV show Happy Days

"Correct-o-Mundo!!" 

Regular Visitor
Expert

the exit exit exit 0030 changes the set top box settings NOT the remote settings. any remote used with that set top box will get the same change in page up and page down function. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I don’t understand the reason to specify it changes the box not the remote? The XR voice remotes all pair to a specific box and should never be moved to another box because it would need paired again so whether it changes the box function or remote function is a mute point.
Expert

@LizCCT4 wrote:
I don’t understand the reason to specify it changes the box not the remote? The XR voice remotes all pair to a specific box and should never be moved to another box because it would need paired again so whether it changes the box function or remote function is a mute point.

any remote used on the same box once the exit exit exit 0030 will work the same way. There is often confusion when a new remote is used (in this case xr15) and it 'works out of the box' with the 30 second skip instead of the 5 minute skip. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Today, I got the upgraded X1 cable box, what I call the version 2.0 box, with the blue circle light on the box front.

A while ago, I read somewhere how to change the 5 minute skip forward on the XR15-UQ remote control to the 30 second skip. I entered ‘exit, exit, exit, 0030’.

It worked for me. To forward skip for 30 seconds and back skip 15 seconds for a recorded program using the page forward and backward button.

Before doing this, I had an extended time getting the Xfinity rep to figure this out for me. She had no idea how to accomplish this fix. She was going to ‘kick it upstairs’ to get solved. I hope an Xfinity rep reads this solution.