Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

xi6 image & specs

Regular Contributor

xi6 image & specs

Does anybody have a image & specs of the xi6 other than whats on the support comparison chart.

Expert

Re: xi6 image & specs

@minitech wrote:

Does anybody have a image & specs of the xi6 other than whats on the support comparison chart.

Xi6 never made it out of product testing and acceptance. currently only 4k capable box is said to be the XG! version 4 DVR.

Regular Contributor

Oh yes it is,its listed under x1 box comparison chart & select markets only just like the xi5.What do you think their going use as a companion 4k box.

Regular Contributor

Xi6

I had a question about Xi6? I saw them on device comparison page, are they available in my area yet and are they required as a tech install asking for a Comcast rep response thanks!
Expert

Re: Xi6

Did you try calling 1800comcast?

Expert

@minitech wrote:

Oh yes it is,its listed under x1 box comparison chart & select markets only just like the xi5.What do you think their going use as a companion 4k box.

I read somewhere it never made it out of trials.

Official Employee

Robert and Rusty
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Markets haven’t been announced
There’s a picture on the referenced page
Admin1

Hi dkinley1 -- The Xi6 Wireless TV Box is available on a trial basis only in the following regions:

• Northeast Division (4/3/18): Greater Boston Region
  • Central Division (4/17/18): Heartland and Florida Regions
  • West Division (4/2/18): Mountain West Region (Denver and Salt Lake City areas)

It is available via professional installation to new X1 customers or existing non-X1 customers who are upgrading to X1. At this time, the Xi6 device cannot be requested by the customer. The technician will install this device at their discretion based on an evaluation of the home's network configuration. We are working diligently to make it available via Self Installation Kit (SIK) in the near future.

Regular Contributor

Ok thanks Zach! Keep me posted would love to eventually self install!