Community Forum

xg1v4 comes back on

Regular Visitor

xg1v4 comes back on

remote shuts everything off but box comes back on in 2 minutes and turns on the tv. set up to turn off with 1 hour no use. worked fine for 1 week now won't stay off. Don't wont to lose magnificent xg1v4. Any suggestions?

Expert

Re: xg1v4 comes back on

pbcshouse wrote:

remote shuts everything off but box comes back on in 2 minutes and turns on the tv. set up to turn off with 1 hour no use. worked fine for 1 week now won't stay off. Don't wont to lose magnificent xg1v4. Any suggestions?

Use your TV's remote and go into the menu and determine how to turn off HDMI-CEC (you may have to change the HDMI input that is being used for the Set top box if it is one HDMI input port that has CEC). 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Gold Problem Solver

Go into Settings>Comcast Labs and verify that "HDMI Link" is turned off.
Regular Visitor

Thank you so much. Simple easy fix for something I messed up myself. I noticed I can go into the box with cable or ethernet interface. Does either give a better picture? I'm just greedy because the way it is now with cable is beyond awesome!

Gold Problem Solver

The ethernet port on the XG1V4 is probably disabled just as it is on other X1 DVRs. I have not had any need to try it.

pbcshouse wrote:

Thank you so much. Simple easy fix for something I messed up myself. I noticed I can go into the box with cable or ethernet interface. Does either give a better picture? I'm just greedy because the way it is now with cable is beyond awesome!

Regular Visitor

Curiosity is what caused my first problem, thanks for preventing a second!