Community Forum

x1 says "BOOT" on box, then on screen it says "WELCOME powering up. this may take a few minutes"

Regular Visitor

x1 says "BOOT" on box, then on screen it says "WELCOME powering up. this may take a few minutes"

then it goes black and the "BOOT" message comes back on the box, the power button goes on/off. I've unplugged both tv and box, I pressed and held the power button on the box for 10 seconds. I've turned the box off/on. I can't get anything else on the screen so I'm unable to try any of the other reboot suggestions. ?? help??

Expert

Re: x1 says "BOOT" on box, then on screen it says "WELCOME powering up. this may tak

bunnywun wrote:

then it goes black and the "BOOT" message comes back on the box, the power button goes on/off. I've unplugged both tv and box, I pressed and held the power button on the box for 10 seconds. I've turned the box off/on. I can't get anything else on the screen so I'm unable to try any of the other reboot suggestions. ?? help??

do you have another X1 set top box? If so, can you temporarily swap the boxes and see if the problem follows the box?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: x1 says "BOOT" on box, then on screen it says "WELCOME powering up. this may tak

Official Employee

Re: x1 says "BOOT" on box, then on screen it says "WELCOME powering up. this may take a few minutes"

Hello, bunnywun. I'd like to try sending a refresh signal to your X1 box to see if this resolves the issue. This may cause a brief interruption of service, would now be an okay time to do so?