Community Forum

x1 guide shows wrong times for non-local programming

Frequent Visitor

x1 guide shows wrong times for non-local programming

hi,

just had X1 installed this morning with 3 additional mini boxes.  our guide is showing east coast times rather than west coast (i'm in CA).  the content being delivered is consistent with the guide but the times are not consistent with the xfinity online guide and our knowledge of when we've been watching shows.  

i reset/refreshed the box and the CSR did also from their end.  their solution is to send a tech tomorrow.  

a concrete example is animal kingdom on TNT should be on at 6pm on west coast but our guide and scheduled recording is 9pm.  

what's going on?

best,

jeff

Expert

Re: x1 guide shows wrong times for non-local programming

@Jagreenough1 wrote:

hi,

just had X1 installed this morning with 3 additional mini boxes.  our guide is showing east coast times rather than west coast (i'm in CA).  the content being delivered is consistent with the guide but the times are not consistent with the xfinity online guide and our knowledge of when we've been watching shows.  

i reset/refreshed the box and the CSR did also from their end.  their solution is to send a tech tomorrow.  

a concrete example is animal kingdom on TNT should be on at 6pm on west coast but our guide and scheduled recording is 9pm.  

what's going on?

best,

jeff

a comcast employee will usually respond within 72 hours. you can call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to review your account address location records to verify data entry doesn't have an error. the agent may have to reprovision the account to fix the problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I tried calling billing and the car had no clue what was going on. Transferred me to tech support and I was disconnected. That’s enough time on this tonight...
A tech will be out tomorrow night. I’ll post an update.
Frequent Visitor

And just one other note, when I set up the box at first, it skipped the authentication step. I wonder if that’s part of the problem.
I’ll know more after the appointment today...
Frequent Visitor

Tech just left. He says now our signal levels are low to the tv, he installed a drop amp and replace the main x1 box with the 4K one.
The guide is still wrong. I’ve got his supervisors name and number. They’re thinking it’s a head end issue. The supervisor is the next step. I’ll call him tomorrow am.
Frequent Visitor

Can I get any help from the xfinity staff in the forums?
Frequent Visitor

Official Employee

Hey Jagreenough1, thanks for posting and letting us know about the results with the tech visit too! I appreciate it! It might be an issue at the head end, but we'll confirm that with you. I got your private message so I'll drop you a line there too once I access your account. 

(I work Tuesday-Saturday so my schedule is weird but I got your mention!)

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Jagreenough1, glad we were able to get to the bottom of those guide issues and provision your account back with the cMTS. Post again if you need anything! 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Just to wrap up this thread,
Summary of issue:
- switch to xfinity x1 from directv. Online xfinity guide for non-local cable channels is different, time-shifted, from x1 box and mobile app guides. Recordings on x1 box were accurate recording what we desired.
- re-provisioning by comcastken from the xfinity x1 help forum adjusted the online guide to be consistent with the x1 guide and mobile app.
- side note, directv records some shows (tnt, bravo, tlc etc) at non-standard times. I.e. times different than respective network online guides for my time zone. I don’t understand this, but I’m no longer a directv customer so it’s moot.
Best,
Jeff