Community Forum

x1 dvr failing to load - message reads "powering up, this may take a few minutes"

Frequent Visitor

x1 dvr failing to load - message reads "powering up, this may take a few minutes"

We just had the X1 dvr installed yesterday. It worked very well all day. We went to bed after midnight after watching a show that we had recorded earlier. When I woke up in the morning and turned on the tv to watch the news that message on the screen read " X1 powering up, this may take a few minutes". Well, its been like this all day and its not working. I had to go to work and couldnt call Comcast but does anybody have any idea what is going on or what the solution might be. Thank you for your help in advance. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: x1 dvr failing to load - message reads "powering up, this may take a few min

Call into the X1 support line 877-896-8678 and have them hit or refresh the box. I think there is a chance your box could be toast but they might be able to revive it.

 

Did you reboot it again?

 


mirandavc wrote:

We just had the X1 dvr installed yesterday. It worked very well all day. We went to bed after midnight after watching a show that we had recorded earlier. When I woke up in the morning and turned on the tv to watch the news that message on the screen read " X1 powering up, this may take a few minutes". Well, its been like this all day and its not working. I had to go to work and couldnt call Comcast but does anybody have any idea what is going on or what the solution might be. Thank you for your help in advance. 




Frequent Visitor

Re: x1 dvr failing to load - message reads "powering up, this may take a few min

I turned it on and off. I dont know if my husband reset it after I left for work. But the same message was on the screen when I left. Telephone and internet works fine.


RickGr4 wrote:

Call into the X1 support line 877-896-8678 and have them hit or refresh the box. I think there is a chance your box could be toast but they might be able to revive it.

 

Did you reboot it again?

 


mirandavc wrote:

We just had the X1 dvr installed yesterday. It worked very well all day. We went to bed after midnight after watching a show that we had recorded earlier. When I woke up in the morning and turned on the tv to watch the news that message on the screen read " X1 powering up, this may take a few minutes". Well, its been like this all day and its not working. I had to go to work and couldnt call Comcast but does anybody have any idea what is going on or what the solution might be. Thank you for your help in advance. 





 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: x1 dvr failing to load - message reads "powering up, this may take a few min

Unplug it for 30 seconds.

Frequent Visitor

Re: x1 dvr failing to load - message reads "powering up, this may take a few min

Will try that and let you know if it works. 

Official Employee

Re: x1 dvr failing to load - message reads "powering up, this may take a few min

You have quite a few signal issue on both your modem and DVR. For X1 to work the way it needs to
Upstream between 35 and 51
Downstream between 10 and -8
Snr over 35
Your modem will work but it's right at the edge.
Upstream 51
Downstream -5
SNR 37
Your DVR
Upstream 56 ( that's more than likely why it's not working)
Downstream is at -5
Snr is at 37
How is your cable ran? Splitters etc.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: x1 dvr failing to load - message reads "powering up, this may take a few min

Hey guys. Rebooting worked. The box is now working and I have cable. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: x1 dvr failing to load - message reads "powering up, this may take a few min

That is good news.

However, Andrew brings up a good point. Your X1 may be working now, but I doubt it will remain stable and reliable. Be prepared to call in and set up a service visit to have your signal checked.

 


mirandavc wrote:

Hey guys. Rebooting worked. The box is now working and I have cable. Thank you very much for your assistance.