Xfinity globe

wireless cable box

New Poster

wireless cable box

is xi5 box available in my area?

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: wireless cable box

Hello mhensch, I don't show that the Xi5 wireless cable boxes are available in your area at this time. 

All Replies
Expert

mhensch wrote:

is xi5 box available in my area?

Did you call 1800comcast and ask them?

Official Employee

Hello mhensch, I don't show that the Xi5 wireless cable boxes are available in your area at this time. 

New Poster

Hello. I live in 06070. Is the wireless box available here?

Expert

markfreeman8281 wrote:

Hello. I live in 06070. Is the wireless box available here?

@ComcastAmir will probably look in on this for you very soon.

Official Employee

markfreeman8281 wrote: Hello. I live in 06070. Is the wireless box available here?

Hello markfreeman8281, I don't see that a store in your area that has this equipment. However I do show a service center about 23 mile from your location that has 5 available, if you're willing to take the drive down you can locate this service center at 1110 E Mountain Rd Westfield, MA 01085.

New Poster

that's great, thank you for a quick respone. i will go to that service center and ask them to provide me one or two for my home. i have my own router & modem, does that matter? will i need to use comcast's gateway?

Official Employee

markfreeman8281 wrote:

that's great, thank you for a quick respone. i will go to that service center and ask them to provide me one or two for my home. i have my own router & modem, does that matter? will i need to use comcast's gateway?

You need a Comcast gateway, either an XB3 or XB6 

New Poster

We are building a house in Morris, Il. and we want to go wirless on the cable tv, is that possible?

Official Employee

Not completely wireless. If you’re building a house, now is the time to add the wiring you “might” need, coax, cat6 etc