Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

why does tv ask "are you still viewing" program

Regular Visitor

why does tv ask "are you still viewing" program

After watching TV for several hours, I'm asked if I am still watching.  If I don't respond immediately, my TV goes off.  If am out of the room when this happens, the tv shuts down.   How do I stop this from occurring?

Official Employee

Re: why does tv ask "are you still viewing" program

dmzuzga wrote:

After watching TV for several hours, I'm asked if I am still watching.  If I don't respond immediately, my TV goes off.  If am out of the room when this happens, the tv shuts down.   How do I stop this from occurring?

Check your tv Settings, Netflix also asks this after some time of continuous play.

Frequent Visitor

Generally this is to avoid screen burn in and keep your energy costs lower. 

Is this showing on the TV itself or is it coming from the box?

Problem Solver

dmzuzga wrote:

I would go to your television menus and turn off the energy setting. Check your television manual to find where the setting is located. All brands work differently.

Official Employee

You may have gotten an X1 update early. After about 4 hours that will show up, any button press along the way will keep it from showing