Community Forum

which battery does the XR15 remote use?

New Poster

which battery does the XR15 remote use?

My remote keeps going dead.  I have to take the batteries out and put them back in to make the remote work.  This happens quite often, I even use the same batteries so I don't think it's a battery issue but I'm willing to try replacing them. 

Does anyone else have this problem?  Does anyone know what type of battery it takes?  The ones that came with the remote simply say "Duracell OEM".

Thanks

Expert

Re: which battery does the XR15 remote use?

@cchappe wrote:

My remote keeps going dead.  I have to take the batteries out and put them back in to make the remote work.  This happens quite often, I even use the same batteries so I don't think it's a battery issue but I'm willing to try replacing them. 

Does anyone else have this problem?  Does anyone know what type of battery it takes?  The ones that came with the remote simply say "Duracell OEM".

Thanks

2 alkaline AA batteries. use them until your set top box doesn't work with them then replace. I keep the old ones and use them in radios, flashlights etc so the remote needs pretty fresh batteries.I bought a pack from Sam's Club of duracell batteries.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).