Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

want to record on x1 at home a channel/date/time that is outside the guide window.

Regular Visitor

want to record on x1 at home a channel/date/time that is outside the guide window.

We just got x1. It seems a downgrade. 

But maybe you xperts can help!

1. I want to record a channel from home for - a specific channel - a specific time - a specific date

WHEN THE DATE IS OUTSIDE THE REALLY SHORT GUIDE WINDOW.

Example: Channel 470 on September 1, 2018 at 9-10 am. I want to set that TODAY June 13.

2. Note I cannot use the remote app to do that so that is not an option.

3. Note - I will not be home 3-4 days before September 1 so I need to do it ahead of time.

CAN THIS BE DONE? IS THERE A HACK?

Expert

Re: want to record on x1 at home a channel/date/time that is outside the guide window.

@lcm88 wrote:

We just got x1. It seems a downgrade. 

But maybe you xperts can help!

1. I want to record a channel from home for - a specific channel - a specific time - a specific date

WHEN THE DATE IS OUTSIDE THE REALLY SHORT GUIDE WINDOW.

Example: Channel 470 on September 1, 2018 at 9-10 am. I want to set that TODAY June 13.

2. Note I cannot use the remote app to do that so that is not an option.

3. Note - I will not be home 3-4 days before September 1 so I need to do it ahead of time.

CAN THIS BE DONE? IS THERE A HACK?

at this time not possible past 2 weeks from present time.I set a reminder in my iPhone for those events for 2 weeks before with a daily repeat so I don't forget

Regular Visitor

Re: want to record on x1 at home a channel/date/time that is outside the guide window.

Thank you but since I cannot set a recording remotely it is worthless for me to do that as I am not at home to set.

Comcast had the wrong developers . I wish apple would buy them then they would think of what the end user wants. Ridiculous. We are going to have to go back to the old box which allowed a manual set past the guide.