Community Forum

want to record new shows

New Poster

want to record new shows

I want to record only new programs. When shows air, some have already been shown. but are marked NEW. I have found this more than once. If I wanted to see that show again I would have saved it earlier. I am paying for new shows. Who moniters these?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: want to record new shows

Whether a show is marked new or rerun is done by the channel provider to Comcast.  All we can do is bring errors in the programs to the Comcast moderators on this forum.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Gold Problem Solver

Comcast uses a 3rd party provider for X1 guide information. There certainly has been mistakes in regards to the "new or repeat episode" issue.

For the most part, DVRs record programs just as they are presented in the guide. If the guide information is wrong the X1 DVR recording process has no way to know the information is wrong.

That being said, when you set a recording just record everything. Both new and repeats. Add additional recording time. You can always delete them.

Yes this should work better than it currently does.

bzacheretti1206 wrote:

I want to record only new programs. When shows air, some have already been shown. but are marked NEW. I have found this more than once. If I wanted to see that show again I would have saved it earlier. I am paying for new shows. Who moniters these?

Regular Contributor

Not sure if this is the same issue, but I've run into problems with episodes being flagged as "new" when a program has been syndicated on another network. In this case, the "old" episodes are "new" to the network.

bzacheretti1206 wrote:

Frequent Visitor

Know this is an old thread so not sure if anyone at Comcast is still monitoring but this problem or really pernicious with Pardon the Interruption on ESPN. It shows multiple times daily on a number of their substations and all are shown as "New." Not a horrible problem but deleting three or four recordings daily can be painful.

Tags (1)
Expert

year old thread closed

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.