Community Forum

tv skipping

New Poster

tv skipping

skips in tv service

Gold Problem Solver

Re: tv skipping

Could you provide some more information? TV skips does not tell us much.

Are you seeing any error messages on the TV screen?
Diamond Problem Solver

What is skipping? Picture or audio or both? Picture breaking up? More details are necessary to help you

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Sorry was looking for troubleshooting. But audio on TV service is skipping/dropping every few seconds. Picture is fine. Internet is fine. Unplugged the device and allowed it to run through start up sequence multiple times.  Status of the device on Xfinity website says there is a problem with it. Cable modem shows a green checkmark on status.

Gold Problem Solver

The model numbers of your X1 boxes and how they are connected would be very helpful. Do you have any additional audio products connected?

@jreid22 wrote:

Sorry was looking for troubleshooting. But audio on TV service is skipping/dropping every few seconds. Picture is fine. Internet is fine. Unplugged the device and allowed it to run through start up sequence multiple times.  Status of the device on Xfinity website says there is a problem with it. Cable modem shows a green checkmark on status.

New Poster

I’m having the same problem. Audio skipping every few seconds! Driving me insane!
Diamond Problem Solver

Have you had a tech out at all?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@Kimberlypekula wrote:
I’m having the same problem. Audio skipping every few seconds! Driving me insane!

Have you tried setting the output to stereo instead of surround?

Expert

adding... use voice remote command 'about'. what is the rest of the line to right of "STB Version.."?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

There is a known issue with the latest version of Chrome.

Have you tried another browser?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

For me the issue turned out to be my speaker system. The central unit developed some kind of short or chip damage that caused the sound skips. So the Xfinity device is fine. I replaced the with a new setup and everything is fine.

I apologize for not posting my resolution sooner, but hope it helps.