Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

tv pixeling

New Poster

tv pixeling

TV keeps pixeling to the point where we can't see whats on the screen. Intermitent to the extent that trying to watch anything is really annoying.

Have done system refresh and device restart. seemed like it worked initially (less than 5 mins) but then started pixeling again.

Weather here is very warm and humid. No storms yet though. I thought I read someplace that humidity can affect cable? Trying to watch the US Open and it very annoying with pixeling.

Problem Solver

Re: tv pixeling

@mead.john wrote:

TV keeps pixeling to the point where we can't see whats on the screen. Intermitent to the extent that trying to watch anything is really annoying.

Have done system refresh and device restart. seemed like it worked initially (less than 5 mins) but then started pixeling again.

Weather here is very warm and humid. No storms yet though. I thought I read someplace that humidity can affect cable? Trying to watch the US Open and it very annoying with pixeling.

Have you checked all your inside coaxial-cable connections: cable-box(s), splitters, televisions? They can be loosened over time.

Best way is to remove cable and then reconnect and tighten. Also make sure cable has not been pulled loose from end connector. If you can get at it you might check your outside cable connection to your house terminal.

New Poster

We've been dealing with this off and on for over ten years. Lately it's become much worse.

It's only on HD channels.  It used to just be on HD movie channels (HBO, SHO, Cinemax, Starz) but lately it's happening on all HD channels.  We've had techs some out at least 20 times and nothing ever works for more than a day or two. The last time I was told that unplugging the main box could fix it but it hasn't helped at all. Last night I unplugged it for about ten hours and when it restarted it went right back to the pixelation.

It has been hinted that the problem could be coming from a splitter that could be in a neighbor's house or further down the line.  All I know is that I pay way too much money for a service that doesn't even work half the time.  

Expert

@lalyssa28 wrote:

We've been dealing with this off and on for over ten years. Lately it's become much worse.

It's only on HD channels.  It used to just be on HD movie channels (HBO, SHO, Cinemax, Starz) but lately it's happening on all HD channels.  We've had techs some out at least 20 times and nothing ever works for more than a day or two. The last time I was told that unplugging the main box could fix it but it hasn't helped at all. Last night I unplugged it for about ten hours and when it restarted it went right back to the pixelation.

It has been hinted that the problem could be coming from a splitter that could be in a neighbor's house or further down the line.  All I know is that I pay way too much money for a service that doesn't even work half the time.  

if you have checked your cable connections to the set top box and to the wall outlet and they are connected properly and not frayed, loose from connector, etc. then schedule a tech 800-Comcast so they can find the problem. it could be a bad connection in the home or outside the home.

New Poster

All of the connections have been done by Xfinity employees.  We've also had techs out to the house multiple times and NOTHING has worked.  They've replaced splitters, added a wireless box and still nothing.

It can't be in the house since they've checked every outlet multiple times.

Regular Contributor

Every time it happens to me it's the dvr. It is communicating with all tv's in the system and when it gets old, it starts the pixelation game with all the tv's. Just switched it out saturday and pixelation is gone again. I use the recorder everyday. Not sure if this causes the pixelation to happen more frequent, but i need a new dvr almost every year or so. 

Regular Contributor

Also PPC amp/splitter is a must have too.