Community Forum

transfering dvr programig to new dvr

New Poster

transfering dvr programig to new dvr

my dvr was replaced by xfinity for a new one.  Will my recordings transfer to the new one?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: transfering dvr programig to new dvr

What type of DVR? If Legacy to Legacy, no. If legacy to X1, no. If X1 DVR to X1 dvr, there’s not a physical transfer but you have access to the last 60 hours of recordings saved to the cloud

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Hello, I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@CCAndrew wrote:
What type of DVR? If Legacy to Legacy, no. If legacy to X1, no. If X1 DVR to X1 dvr, there’s not a physical transfer but you have access to the last 60 hours of recordings saved to the cloud

Can you further explain this?

If I have some old recordings that I wanted to keep, but in the meantime I have recorded more than 60 hours and done some recording deletions. Will the old recordings be in the cloud or just the "last 60 hours of recording" ? Which may include some of the deleted recordings.

Thanks

Diamond Problem Solver

The last 60 hours recorded only will be available in the cloud, anything else is on the previous dvr’s Hard drive and be lost when swapped.

Silver Problem Solver

@CCAndrew wrote:
The last 60 hours recorded only will be available in the cloud, anything else is on the previous dvr’s Hard drive and be lost when swapped.

Andrew,

Is there a way to see what recordings are in the Cloud?  I thought I had a way to see them about a year ago but I can't find them now.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

The Xfinity stream app

Silver Problem Solver

@CCAndrew wrote:
The Xfinity stream app

Just the app and not the Stream website?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

They’re both the same content, pick which ever one you’re comfortable with.

New Poster

If you see the recordings on the stream app does that mean they will still be available if you swap out the physical dvr with a new one?

Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:

There is still no way to transfer/copy what's on the "old" X1 DVR to the "new" X1 DVR?

Is this even something that anyone at Comcast is working on? 

Diamond Problem Solver

@LazerFlash
Doubt it, it used to be that way a long time ago but was changed to the 60 hours.

Contributor

So, this is no longer a hypothetical exercise... I have a new DVR coming next week and need to prepare. Can you tell me just will/will not be affected...

1. Obviously, any actual content will be gone. Will I be able to access the 60 hours in the cloud from the new DVR?
  2. What will happen to our Favorites?
  3. Will we need to re-establish our Series Recordings?

Thanks!

Diamond Problem Solver

1. Yes
2. They are cloud based it repopulates
3. No you won’t they are Cloud based it repopulates

Expert

@LazerFlash wrote:

So, this is no longer a hypothetical exercise... I have a new DVR coming next week and need to prepare. Can you tell me just will/will not be affected...

1. Obviously, any actual content will be gone. Will I be able to access the 60 hours in the cloud from the new DVR?
  2. What will happen to our Favorites?
  3. Will we need to re-establish our Series Recordings?

Thanks!

you can keep (the old DVR until you watch it clean (so the latest are all available on the cloud), then return it.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!