Community Forum

television voice and picture out of synch

New Poster

television voice and picture out of synch

After a few minutes watching a program, especially HD, the voice and lip movements are out of synch with the picture.  Going to another channel and coming back relieves the problem but only temporarily. How do I fix?

Expert

Re: television voice and picture out of synch

@hoblitjohn wrote:

After a few minutes watching a program, especially HD, the voice and lip movements are out of synch with the picture.  Going to another channel and coming back relieves the problem but only temporarily. How do I fix?

power unplug the TV for 3 minutes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, hoblitjohn. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are running into issues with the audio being out of sync. If what Rustyben suggested has not resolved the issue, how old is the HDMI cable? It's possible you might need a new if it's been around a while. You can also try to just unplug the HDMI cord from the back of the TV and the cable box, give it a min, and then plug it back in and see if that fixes the issue. If you still have problems after that, feel free to send me a PM so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

How many times does this voice-picture thing, out of sync, need to happen before X-Finity let's us know there is a fix? They know it is happening! Some updates or messages would be nice so we can get ahead of these problems.
Silver Problem Solver

@Dr2cap wrote:
How many times does this voice-picture thing, out of sync, need to happen before X-Finity let's us know there is a fix? They know it is happening! Some updates or messages would be nice so we can get ahead of these problems.

Just an FYI:  I have had the X1 system since it became available in my market and I have never had a "sync issue".  I suspect Comcast can't fix something they have not seen with their equipment.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Same problem with me. Told me to exchange my box - got the newest box today and after setup still have the same issue. Actually worst
Official Employee

Hello, Kbaker1. Thanks for reaching out to us. I apologize to hear you are having the same issue. Could you try tin unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the cable box and TV altogether and let it sit unplugged from both for a minute? Then plug it back in. If you still find yourself with the same issue send me a PM with your first and last name so I can look further into this.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, hoblitjohn. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, Kbaker1. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.