Community Forum

sound loss during commercials X1

Regular Visitor

sound loss during commercials X1

I have Samsung TV with Comcast Cable and HD DVR box connected to Surround Sound Speakers. I have another Sampsung TV with HD Comcast Box and Sound Bar. 

Problem: 

Experiencing intermittent loss of sound (during commericials) on Surround Sound Speakers.  It has happened on both recoreded content and during live content viewing. Typically voice sound is lost while I can hear Base in background.

When I switch to another channel, sound is fine on live content or commercials.  

I do not lose sound on the other TV.

Extensive testing of Surrond Speakers verifies that it is not a speaker problem.

Any ideas?

ps:  I do not mind not hearing the commercials; just need to fix the problem  

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: sound loss during commercials X1

Hi dan100. It sounds like there is an issue in the exchange of audio signal between your sound system and the TV/Cable box. In order to confirm the source of the intermittent sound loss, are you able to completely remove the sound system and utilize only the speakers built into the TV, for testing? Doing so will confirm if the issue only presents itself when using the sound system. If that is the case, we Official Employees are unable to troubleshoot 3rd party equipment, like a surround sound system or sound bar. 

Please test and confirm if you still experience the intermittent sound loss when using the built in TV speakers only. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will attempt to remove sound system and listen through TV speakers.

I would appreciate your opinion as to why the only sound loss occurs during some commercials and not during live content.  It has happened during commercials associated with DVR recording as well as during commercials associated with live content broadcasting.

Look forward to your response.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi dan100. The sound / audio format may be different between the programming and the commercials. Were you able to test this and confirm resolution?