Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

restrict wifi

New Poster

restrict wifi

How can I see what devices are hooked up to my internet? I have a computer, laptop, and a cell phone that is mine. My grandson also lives with me and I don't want him to be able to hook up his game system. However, he is old enough to know how to look at the tv and find the password. How can I either make it so he can't see the password on the tv's or how can I fix it on the comouter that he can't get on the game system with the interent.

Expert

Re: restrict wifi

I am moving your post to the X1 system since it is an issue with seeing the wifi password.

Official Employee

Either use Xfinity Xfi app to restrict usage per device and to see the devices, or with the remote-
Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Parental Controls, set up a pin, to Application Locks to Xfinity Xfi and press Ok (this will hide the Wi-Fi password)
New Poster

But, if you set it like that, it's not "global"....meaning, it doesn't take effect on EVERY TV set box. I tried to set Apps PIN on the primary set box, and it did not propagate to the rest of the other set boxes (even after refreshing the system as a whole)... I found that if I went to another set box, and set the Apps lock PIN on it, it would take... That's not cool. So, it appears that I have to go to each TV set box and configure the Apps lock PIN, and that's not cool. Why isn't it a "global" setting, as it should be? It REALLY shouldn't be this hard to HIDE the wifi password. EVERY kid can figure out, "hey, just look it up on your TV"... Come on, Xfinity....got to do better than that!
Official Employee

It’s never been called a global setting. The X1 platform’s parental controls is by the box.