Community Forum

restart function

Frequent Visitor

restart function

Hi,

Was wondering how to use the restart function. If my guide says a particular program is able to restart how do I make it work? What do I press on my remote? I called Xfiniti customer service and the agent told me that I should figure it out using my remote and press the up and down buttons until I get it but it did not work (?) Then she said that if a program had already started you can't use the restart function until the program ends. Huh? I though the whole reason for restart is to start the program at the beginning. I'm really confused. Could the agent be correct? If so what is the function of restart?   thanks

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: restart function

Press info and when when the options bar pops up arrow to Restart and Press Ok

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

Re: restart function

@sschickler wrote:

Hi,

Was wondering how to use the restart function. If my guide says a particular program is able to restart how do I make it work? What do I press on my remote? I called Xfiniti customer service and the agent told me that I should figure it out using my remote and press the up and down buttons until I get it but it did not work (?) Then she said that if a program had already started you can't use the restart function until the program ends. Huh? I though the whole reason for restart is to start the program at the beginning. I'm really confused. Could the agent be correct? If so what is the function of restart?   thanks

restart is a short cut to 'ways to watch' and selecting on-demand version of the program when the on-demand is already available.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!