Community Forum

remote doesn't work tv frozen on one channel

Highlighted
New Poster

remote doesn't work tv frozen on one channel

I cannot change channels. TV stuck on one channel. Only thing that works is the volumne control.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: remote doesn't work tv frozen on one channel

Have you checked for outages? Getting stuck on one channel is usually the result. If you reset your box you’ll just end up with an error code screen

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

This has been happening to me also, have to reboot almost daily now. Power on in the am, seems to be fine then I use the remote, nothing works and it blinks green then red although the volume works. Have to reboot, sometimes it works sometimes I have to do it again. Doing my second reboot as I'm typing this. This is a new box I had to switch out to because of a different issue a few months ago, live TV wouldn't pause which still happens! Getting so tired of all the issues I've been having for the $200+/month I pay 😠 

2nd reboot did nothing, trying the unplug reboot

Nope, let's now try system refresh

Worked for now!

Official Employee

Hi cele1429 and MissDawn1. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. If either of you continue to need help with troubleshooting your cable service freezing, I can assist. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!