Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

remote control

New Poster

remote control

I just received a new remote control to go wtih a new cable box with 4k. The remote doesn't seem to have a 5 second playback. Was this removed from this version? I used to use it all the time. thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: remote control

@sschickler wrote:

I just received a new remote control to go wtih a new cable box with 4k. The remote doesn't seem to have a 5 second playback. Was this removed from this version? I used to use it all the time. thanks 

the future is to use voice control (you said 5 but meant 15 second flashback). you can say 'fast forward 5 minutes or 5 seconds or 150 seconds etc or say rewind using any choices. you can't mix like 1 minute 15 seconds although 75 seconds works fine.

All Replies
Official Employee

@sschickler wrote:

Yes it (15 second playback) was removed in the XR15 remote. 

Expert

@sschickler wrote:

the future is to use voice control (you said 5 but meant 15 second flashback). you can say 'fast forward 5 minutes or 5 seconds or 150 seconds etc or say rewind using any choices. you can't mix like 1 minute 15 seconds although 75 seconds works fine.

New Poster

Thanks so much for the fast response. I think that means that for now the 15 second playback is not operative on the new remote?  I did try using a voice command and it didn't seem to work.

Expert

@sschickler wrote:

Thanks so much for the fast response. I think that means that for now the 15 second playback is not operative on the new remote?  I did try using a voice command and it didn't seem to work.

press the voice button and you should get a beep. as a test say "about". the remote should already be rf paired (for voice).