Community Forum

remote 3 digit code will not show on screen

New Poster

remote 3 digit code will not show on screen

I'm trying to pair a remote with a cable box. I connected the box to the cable in the wall. On the TV screen, the box connected with infinity's system. The next step is to select a language. I tried to configure the remote as directed to me by the staff at the Infinity store. I held the remote pointed at the TV and held the set button until a green light appeared. I was told that a 3 digit number would appear on the screen and then I would enter the number on the remote and remote would work. After pressing the setup button and the light did turn green, but nothing happened on the screen. Not sure what to do next. Thoughts?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: remote 3 digit code will not show on screen

jmarklawson wrote:

I'm trying to pair a remote with a cable box. I connected the box to the cable in the wall. On the TV screen, the box connected with infinity's system. The next step is to select a language. I tried to configure the remote as directed to me by the staff at the Infinity store. I held the remote pointed at the TV and held the set button until a green light appeared. I was told that a 3 digit number would appear on the screen and then I would enter the number on the remote and remote would work. After pressing the setup button and the light did turn green, but nothing happened on the screen. Not sure what to do next. Thoughts?

The 3 digit # for pairing will ONLY show up if you are subscribed to the X1 platform.   If you have legacy cable and not the X1 platform you can only program the remote to your TV, not RF pair the device.   See this link for programming the remote to your TV:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

Official Employee

jmarklawson wrote:

You need to press the Xfinity button after the light changes and then the 3 digit code will pop up. Point at the box to achieve this first and then point at the tv when entering the tv codes

New Poster

If you are initially trying to pair your remote using the start sheet,,, if it will sync with the setup button but not the Xfinity button.  YOU must be on X1 service before it will work at all... if you cannot get the 3 digit code to type in, you are not X!.

This happened to me because there was an X1 outage feeding my area. 

Expert

JSM52 wrote:

If you are initially trying to pair your remote using the start sheet,,, if it will sync with the setup button but not the Xfinity button.  YOU must be on X1 service before it will work at all... if you cannot get the 3 digit code to type in, you are not X!.

This happened to me because there was an X1 outage feeding my area. 

the rng150 can't be rf paired and has no apps. (the aim anywhere adapter is not available we were told). It is still X1 just can't do apps, can't use voice remote, can't use aim anywhere function.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

On X1 platform, green light, no 3 digit, nothing happens on screen. No outage. So what next? Tried 2 different xr11 remotes...
Official Employee

Press and hold setup and led goes from red light to green light and then you pressed the Xfinity button?
New Poster

I had to reset my remote because it stopped working. I am unable to pair to my TV now. Nothing appears on the screen after the setup and xfinity button. Yes I am pointing at the cable box.
Official Employee

Are you holding the setup long enough for the LED to go from red to green and then push Xfinity button?
New Poster

If you have a main x1 box with satellite boxes on other TVs you might want to reset your x1 platform by unplugging the main box for 10 sec or more then it will ask you to please wait for x1 set up after the system has reset itself and you can see a show on your tv then go back through your pairing sequence As you did before If it still does not work you may want to call xfinty tech services to confirm your platform is not functioning correctly. Also make sure before u start to have new batteries low batteries can cause your remote to pick and choose what it will do
New Poster

WhenI try to pair the remote the three digit number shows up on the main tv! Not the tv I am trying to link to.

already spent WAY too much time on this, used every code They gave me, drove to the store to get a new remote per Xfinity advice.  New remote doesn’t work either. so someone is coming over to pair the remote for an “educational fee”.  Lovely.

Expert

@Mamafifi wrote:

WhenI try to pair the remote the three digit number shows up on the main tv! Not the tv I am trying to link to.

already spent WAY too much time on this, used every code They gave me, drove to the store to get a new remote per Xfinity advice.  New remote doesn’t work either. so someone is coming over to pair the remote for an “educational fee”.  Lovely.

on the back of the remote is it an xr11 or xr15? when you press the xfinity button on the remote does the remote's LED flash red or green?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Mamafifi, the X1 remotes have tremendous range when pairing. Try holding the remote right up to the box that you’re pairing ( it doesn’t matter which remote that you have).
New Poster

Thanks. I’ll tell the technician 😀. I’m done trying.