Community Forum

rdk03003 error box says "cast" after booting

New Poster

rdk03003 error box says "cast" after booting

We have a new activation. Internet and phone work fine. TV wont get past welcome screen--rdk03003 error box says "cast" after booting. Troubleshooting app says connection is fine, phone center tech couldnt help. Just want to watch a Christmas movie. ;-)

Gold Problem Solver

Re: rdk03003 error box says "cast" after booting

Something is wrong with the box, the outlet or the connections. RDK-03003 means that particular box is not communicating with the Comcast network.

Are you sure the outlet you are connecting to is active?

catbrod wrote:

We have a new activation. Internet and phone work fine. TV wont get past welcome screen--rdk03003 error box says "cast" after booting. Troubleshooting app says connection is fine, phone center tech couldnt help. Just want to watch a Christmas movie. ;-)

New Poster

Wondering what your solution was with this error - we have the same digital message on the box and even after swapping boxes today at Comcast for a New one, the same errors and messages exist. All other TVs work, phone and Internet are fine
Gold Problem Solver

As stated earlier in this thread, RDK 03003 means that particular box has a horrible (unusable) connection to the Comcast network. Something is wrong with the signals reaching that box.

It is almost always bad wiring or bad connections. Swapping your X1 box locations will tell you if the problem is that particular box or the location itself.

You can either troubleshoot the connections yourself or have a Comcast tech do it for you.

Pac12famy wrote:
Wondering what your solution was with this error - we have the same digital message on the box and even after swapping boxes today at Comcast for a New one, the same errors and messages exist. All other TVs work, phone and Internet are fine

New Poster

Having the same issue. Just upgraded to X1 box. I know the line is good because my modem is on it and I pull down 150-175 Mbps. Tried replacing coax, no luck, tried removing splitter, nothing. Next step is to call I guess and then swap box. Old set top box worked without any issue.
Gold Problem Solver

Bdilch10 wrote:
Having the same issue. Just upgraded to X1 box. I know the line is good because my modem is on it and I pull down 150-175 Mbps. Tried replacing coax, no luck, tried removing splitter, nothing. Next step is to call I guess and then swap box. Old set top box worked without any issue.

Your modem's connection has NOTHING to do with the signal requirements of X1....  Call and request a TEXCH onsite to evaluate and fix your issues.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Gold Problem Solver

X1 boxes are much more signal sensitive than modems are. Also, not only are X1 boxes more signal sensitive than legacy boxes, their signal requirements are entirely different.

As has been stated many times in this forum, just because legacy boxes worked is no guaranty X1 boxes.

Once again, RDK-03003 is a very common X1 error message (feel free to search this forum or Google it ). It means that particular X1 box has a horrible (unusable) connection to the Comcast network.

Bdilch10 wrote:

New Poster

Take out the "M" card, *like extracting an SD from a computer. Air dust inside the box, all the connections. Reconnect, re-boot, be patient....signal restored

New Poster

Also helpful if the cable signal is connected to the cable IN not OUT, just sayin. Smiley Wink

Administrator

"RDK-03003 - Unable to Connect to XFINITY TV" error. When this error occurs, you will see the following message on your device:

"We're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform"

To resolve this issue, you may need to try the following:

• Ensure cable connections are tightly secured.
  • Unplug TV Box from electrical outlet.
  • Wait 10 seconds, then plug back in to restart.

For more information, please see Reboot Your X1 TV Box.

If you continue to experience issues, please Contact Us using the method that is most convenient for you - chat with us online or call us to speak with a Comcast representative.