Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

rdk 03003 error

New Poster

rdk 03003 error

Hello,

I just received an X1 box yesterday (I have never had cable in the 2.5 years I've lived in the apartment).  Set everything up and received the rdk-03003 error.  I do use a splitter, but have no issues with my signal to my modem, still, I tried directly hooking up the X1 box without the splitter and I still received this error (tried multiple coaxial cables and ensured all connections were tight).  Spent well over an hour on the phone with Comcast where they tried resetting the signal (but not much else) with no luck.

I have a tech scheduled to come out, but I'd really rather deal with this myself (I also find it absurd that comcast charges for a tech in this situation, but I digress).  Any suggestions?  

Expert

Re: rdk 03003 error

Since it is new installation, paying for a tech visit may be your best option if you have reseated all your coax connections.

Official Employee

Being in an apartment, you’re limited to try the things that you’ve already tried. Possibly you have a bad box or a filter of some kind in the apartment box/communication room that feeds your apartment. Waiting for a tech may be your only option
New Poster

OK thanks.  Not sure if it makes any difference, but Comcast is the only cable tv option for the building (so I'd be surprised if this was a building wide issue as I'd venture to guess around 50% of the buidling has Xfinity).

New Poster

As it turns out I was given the wrong box (they gave me a DC box although I live in Arlington, VA).  The technician that was sent determined this immediately and had a new box with him so all in all that part was relatively painless.  I am a bit frustrated that this was not something that the store checked or that the people I spoke with on the phone could determine.