Community Forum

"Sorry, there was a problem with playback of this DVR recording"....?

Highlighted
New Poster

"Sorry, there was a problem with playback of this DVR recording"....?

Every time I try to playback a recording from the Newsmax channel I get this message, "Sorry, there was ab problem with playback of this DVR recording."  I've already tried rebooting my system, made new recordings, and the same message keeps popping up. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

New Poster

Re: "Sorry, there was ab problem with playback of this DVR recording"....?

@RobertWy wrote:

Quite a few hits on Google with that qoute.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

Not yet but I'm apparently not the first person to have this particular issue...

Problem with DVR playback of new HD channels

Not clear as to what the solution was. 

Expert

@kwlcom69 wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Quite a few hits on Google with that qoute.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

Not yet but I'm apparently not the first person to have this particular issue...

Problem with DVR playback of new HD channels

Not clear as to what the solution was. 

Comcast has not replied to this issue. My experience is that the IPTV channels that only appear with 4 digit channel numbers appear to never be recorded on the home DVR, only on the cloud DVR. It may be that the conversion from QAM linear channels to IPTV has not yet been resolved with the current home X1 set top boxes. looking for other experiences. you can test this by recording on newsmax 1115 and then playback while recording. when the menu elements are 'gone' press ok. does your recording show the cloud icon in front of DVR?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @kwlcom69

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. I just wanted to reach out to see if you are still having issues with the playback of your recordings from the Newsmax channel? Were you able to try the steps that were provided by @Rustyben? If so, was there a change? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!