Community Forum

program info and timeline won't go away at bottom of screen

New Poster

Re: TV display item

Thanks. Turning off the power button worked.

New Poster

Re: "trailer" on bottom of screen

We experienced this issue for the first time today. Your tip about going to Help using the remote and hitting Reset took care of it. Thank You!

New Poster

Re: program info and timeline won't go away at bottom of screen

I'm having the same problem
Expert
Moved:

Re: Display at bottom of tv screen

New Poster

Info screen at bottom of screen not going away

Is anyone having the issue of the information scroll bar at the bottom of the screen NOT going away?

 

New Poster

Re: Info screen at bottom of screen not going away

Try resetting your box! I did it and it's gone! Tried hitting exit,etc and nothing else worked!
New Poster

Re: program info and timeline won't go away at bottom of screen

That just happened to me so we unplugged the cable box and waited a couple mins. Then plugged it back in and it worked!! It just took about 5 mins for my cable to reset itself up. So far that time/ channel/ show bar has not been there unless I change the channel!!!
New Poster

Re: Info screen at bottom of screen not going away

2/15/2016

Yes it was driving me batty trying to figure out what i did to make that info line appear on the bottom of the screen...the suggestion of unplugging / disconnecting then reconnecting...it Did Work!

New Poster

timer on screen

how do I get the banner with the timer that is displaying at the bottom of my tv screen to disappear?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Progress bar: live TV, DVR

I had the same issue.. ended up resetting the box and it went away... irritating bug

New Poster

clearing extraneous information from the screen.

How do I get rid of the annoying channel id information at the bottom of my screen? It used to go away a few moments after a channel or programming change, but lately it just sits there taking up 1/5 of my screen.

New Poster

Re: Progress bar: live TV, DVR

Your suggestion of resetting the box completely worked, thank you! We had the stupid progress bar on for a solid week, nothing worked! Thanks again!
New Poster

get rid of time line and titel at the bottom of tv screen

new time line at bottom how to remove it

New Poster

Re: clearing extraneous information from the screen.

Good question.  It's happening on the West Coast too.  Must be a Comcast issue.  I doubt they read these posts.  We're going to call them.

New Poster

Re: program info and timeline won't go away at bottom of screen

I have the same problem and it's driving crazy, it's so annoying! Please someone tell us how to get rid of this freaking bar!
image.jpeg
New Poster

Re: program info and timeline won't go away at bottom of screen

Same problem. Tried everything.
Rebooted the system and problem went away.
New Poster

Remov from screen

image.jpeg

how do I remove the script at the he bottom of my screen?  Sorry...couldn't find turn button

New Poster

Re: Pause bar wont leave screen

Thanks. This worked for me.
New Poster

time bar on bottom of tv screen

The time bar on the bottom of the screen won't go away, how do we get it to go away.

New Poster

Re: program info and timeline won't go away at bottom of screen

Rebooting the box worked for me too.

Expert

Re: time bar on bottom of tv screen


@bj14 wrote:

The time bar on the bottom of the screen won't go away, how do we get it to go away.


Press the Power button, wait 3 seconds and repress the Power button.


The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: time bar on bottom of tv screen


@geek46 wrote:

@bj14 wrote:

The time bar on the bottom of the screen won't go away, how do we get it to go away.


Press the Power button, wait 3 seconds and repress the Power button.


The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.



I tried your fix from back in the beginning of this thread and it worked. Thank you!!

 

Would you happen to know if Comcast is going to push another FW update to fix this bug when they have it ready or will we need to request it?

 

Thanks again!

Expert

Re: time bar on bottom of tv screen


@actruck wrote:

@geek46 wrote:

@bj14 wrote:

The time bar on the bottom of the screen won't go away, how do we get it to go away.


Press the Power button, wait 3 seconds and repress the Power button.


The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.



I tried your fix from back in the beginning of this thread and it worked. Thank you!!

 

Would you happen to know if Comcast is going to push another FW update to fix this bug when they have it ready or will we need to request it?

 

Thanks again!


already done. 2.2p7s1 does not have that bug



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Why is the progress bar showing up all of a sudden after changing a channel? Never did this before.

Embarresd, really???? No I'm not where is the answer then? Don't you think maybe everybody is going to these forums looking for an answer? Are you a Comcast tech? Didn't think so. Apparently you have no etiquette or are not very friendly. Thx