Community Forum

program info and timeline won't go away at bottom of screen

New Poster

Re: program info and timeline won't go away at bottom of screen

I am experiencing the same issue.  Just switched back to comcast, but having a lot of problems and price increase already. Dish is looking better and better !

New Poster

I had this same annoying problem today.  The only thing that worked was unplugging the power from the back of the cable box, wait 10-15 seconds, then plug it back in.  Worked on the first try for me and so far the problem has not come back.  Good luck!

New Poster

TV screen

The tv screen across the bottom shows the channel currently on and the time span.  How do I remove that?

New Poster

Why is the progress bar showing up all of a sudden after changing a channel? Never did this before.

why would a progress bar start showing up all of a sudden? Never has done that while just changing the channel.

I assume has to do with this issue comcast had today?

New Poster

Re: TV screen

I am experiencing the same issue and it is annoying.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Why is the progress bar showing up all of a sudden after changing a channel? Never did this before.

Any chance you read in this forum before you posted this??

At the moment I write this, there is at least six threads running on this topic if not more. Anyone posting a new thread on this topic needs to learn more about "forum etiquette" and should be really embarrassed that they didn't read in this forum before they started a new thread on an issue that has been discussed over and over and over and over.

Comcast mods please get this farce under control!!!!

@acmallery1 wrote:

why would a progress bar start showing up all of a sudden? Never has done that while just changing the channel.

I assume has to do with this issue comcast had today?

New Poster

Re: TV display item

We are having the same problem...very annoying, and in some cases, you end up missing some of what you're trying to watch.  It's the same on a recorded program as it is "On Demand". Stopping the show and restarting does not fix it. Not sure what to call it- maybe "status bar"?  What are the chances that xfinity will read this? I'm too frustrated with Xfinity right now to fight their phone tree.

New Poster

Me too!  Very frustrating!!!!!!!!!

@mybuddy10 wrote:

At the bottom of my TV screen, no matter what I am watching, it shows Hallmark station and a line for the time of the show appears (just like it does when you are fast forwarding, etc.)   Cannot get rid of the display, even while watching a show.

New Poster

Hey- we figured it out.  Power cycle the cable box.  Worked for us.

New Poster

So far the 2 replies do not solve the problem, yet the issue says solved. I still have this happening.

New Poster

I'm trying to figure out the same problem listed previously. My mother-in-law managed to get the current channel and running time stuck on the bottom of the TV screen and I can't get rid of it. Help!
New Poster

Reboot worked. Thank you for posting solution  

New Poster

Reboot fixed it. Thank you for posting solution

New Poster

Sorry. Solved. When I first looked at this thread, there were only 2 replies to the issue.

New Poster

Yes please --- It started with our TV today!!

New Poster

TV Help

how do I get rid of the channel guide on the TV screen. Also, every time I change the channel, it has a voice over that explains the channel and what is showing.....can I get rid of that?

New Poster

Re: how do i remove the bottom banner indicating live show -thjisa blocks the viewing screen

We had the same problem, and tried various remedies. Turning the box off via the "blue button" , and then back on worked perfectly. Thanks for the info.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: TV Help

Press the A button twice to get rid of the voice.

What exactly are you seeing on the screen? The guide or the info bar.

Suggest you unplug and reboot your X1 box to fix that.

Then you might want to consider reading in this forum before you post because both of your concerns are discussed often...

@fjon wrote:

how do I get rid of the channel guide on the TV screen. Also, every time I change the channel, it has a voice over that explains the channel and what is showing.....can I get rid of that?

New Poster

Re: how do i remove the bottom banner indicating live show -thjisa blocks the viewing screen

Thanks for blue button suggestion. Worked perfectly. 

New Poster

Re: TV Help

Hit " exit "or "last"on the remote to clear up scream space. To remove the voice activation, go into your setting menu and you should find the option for voice over commands. If your still having trouble, I'll check back here later and hide you more detailed instructions.
New Poster

bar at the bottom of the screen

How do I get rid of the bar at the bottom of my tv screen?

New Poster

Re: horizontal bar or Transport Bar

Just unplug the Xfinity box - wait five seconds, plug it back in and when it reboots the bar should go away.
New Poster

Turning the xfinity box off and then back on worked for me.
New Poster

I had the same issue for the first time today.  The remote buttons didn't solve it.  I turned off the x1 set-top box, pulled the power cord, and waited 60 seconds.  I plugged the power cord back in, turned the box on, and the problem was resolved.  

New Poster

Re: what do you do when hitting exit does not remove the progress bar at the bottom of the screen

Turning off the box with the power button and restarting finally did the trick

New Poster

Having the same issue. It is annoying. How do you get rid of it
New Poster

Thanks to all. Turned the box off and back on and now it is fine.
New Poster

Bottom of screen displaying picture of movie and play time

I cannot get the small picture of the movie and the play time display to go off my screen. This is cutting off some of picture.
New Poster

Same here.  Just started today.  Nothing will make it go away.  I'm about to reboot the box.

New Poster

Turning the box off and then back on again has worked for me.

Regular Visitor

Re: we have pushed the exit button it does not remove annoying bar accross the bottom of the screen

Thanks! Powersave worked.
New Poster

Re: horizontal bar

This is especially irritating on sports events, as the black bar covers up scores most of the time.

Regular Visitor

Re: my transport bar never disappears on my screen... when I hit exit it exits the show I am watching.

Had the same problem. Re-booting the cable box solved it.

New Poster

Display at Bottom of the screen

How do I remove the display at the bottom of the screen? It is showing a picture of the current show on the left hand side, along with the name of the show, and a time display. On the right hand side it has a different channel displayed. I've tried "exit" " settings" etc and can't get rid of it.

Frequent Visitor

Re: horizontal bar

OLD?

What a jerk.

It is current. Who would post now about something that happend "OLD".

IT IS HAPPENING NOW.

Frequent Visitor

That would be swell, if it worked.  It doesn't.

Frequent Visitor

Re: horizontal bar - (PROBLEM SOLVED)

This bar that is causing issues with all you folks is called a transport bar and there is a way to remove it, well a few ways. I will give a temporary fix and a permenant fix.

Temp Fix: Push the button on the top of your Xfinity cable box, this will cause the screen to give a no signal message. 3 seconds after, push the button again and your channel will reappear without the transport bar at the bottom of your screen.

Permenant Fix: Call Xfinity/Comcast and go to technical support for TV. When the technician gets on the phone, ask him nicely to upgrade your firmware for the Xfinity cable box. The transport bar issue is a firmware bug and they since corrected the issue. The reason your system continues to have this transport bar stuck on the screen is because your cable box is using an older version. They will ask for Serial numbers on the box label and the manufacturers label as well so be prepared to look at the bottom of the box while on the phone with the tech.

After the update is completed, which takes about 5-10 minutes, the transport bar will not be stuck again. It may reappear after changing a channel, but it will quickly remove itself from the screen almost instantly after a channel change.

OK folks, here is your fix for this problem. Please contact Comcast and have them update your X1 firmware.

Good Luck!!!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Bottom of screen displaying picture of movie and play time

I'm having the same problem.  Pressing EXIT doesn't work.  I looked at an old forum entry and someone suggested turning the cable unit off and on again. Problem is I'm recording a bunch of shows and they'll stop recording.  Also, I'm thinking it's more than a coincidence that you're having this problem too.  I wonder if there isn't a problem at Xfinity right now.

New Poster

channel display

My screen has the channel display on all the time.  In the past the channel would display for a short time and then disappear, now it stays on and after a short time the number 2 METV is on the bottom right corner and replaces the channel being watched

New Poster

I'm having the same problem, must be a problem at Xfinity

New Poster

Progress bar at bottom of screen

One of my TVs shows the name of the program and a progress bar at the bottom of the display. I tried hitting "exit" but that does not remove the bar at the bottom the screen.

Please help.

New Poster

Re: Display at Bottom of the screen

Yes!  I am having the same problem tonight. Something new today. I have also ried everything to get rid of it. 

New Poster

Mine just started doing that. I rebooted box and it goes away now.
New Poster

Display at bottom of tv screen

how do i remove the annoying display at the bottom of the tv screen.  it wont go away.

Valued Contributor

Re: channel display

Mine is doing the same thing since the last update.  I can't figure out how to get it off the screen.  If I hit exit, it just says Live and still won't get it off.  Is there a setting to turn that off?  I looked through all the settings and don't see one.  It's the channel info on the bottom of the screen and it does say I'm watching channel 2 PBS, when I'm watching another channel.

Regular Visitor

playback status toolbar

Can I hide the playback status toolbar.  This toolbar used to disappear on my old comcast dvr, but stays displayed on the bottom of my screen with x1.  This is the toolbar that shows you are 27 minutes into a 3 hour recording.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Display at bottom of tv screen

You could read the COUNTLESS posts in this forum including the post right above yours. The solution to your issue has been posted over and over and over again...

Does anyone ever read in this forum before they post something that has been repeated hundreds of times?

Forum mods??

@jaysal wrote:

how do i remove the annoying display at the bottom of the tv screen.  it wont go away.

New Poster

I have a new Xfinity cable box and a window of the time of program will not go off

I have a window on the bottom of my screen that has popped up with the time left on the program and I can not get it to disappear. What should I do to remove it.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: playback status toolbar

You could read the COUNTLESS posts in this forum including the post right above yours. The solution to your issue has been posted over and over and over again...

Does anyone ever read in this forum before they post something that has been repeated hundreds of times?

Forum mods??

@green2746 wrote:

Can I hide the playback status toolbar.  This toolbar used to disappear on my old comcast dvr, but stays displayed on the bottom of my screen with x1.  This is the toolbar that shows you are 27 minutes into a 3 hour recording.

New Poster

I just called Comcast.  This is a known problem which they believe they have resolved.  After about midnight, it should be corrected on all TVs.  However, they sent a signal to my machine and it corrected the problem immediately and my recordings were not interrupted.