Community Forum

program info and timeline won't go away at bottom of screen

Regular Visitor

Re: program info and timeline won't go away at bottom of screen

Putting it into power saving mode resolved the issue. Then instead of information bar the school closings bar showed.

New Poster

we have pushed the exit button it does not remove annoying bar accross the bottom of the screen

how can I remove the annoying bar accross the bottom of the screen. exit button does not do it.

New Poster

Pause bar wont leave screen

The pause/play bar won't leave my screen!
Regular Visitor

I have had this problem several times as well. So far two ways I have found to clear it from the bottom of the screen. 1st, sometimes if you hit the "UP" button on the remote, that removes it. 2nd, if that doesnt work, I reboot the box and that generally takes it off. You can do this two ways. Either hit the xfinity button on your remote and restart through the help section, or simply unplug the box for 30 seconds and it will reboot it. This almost always works for me.....

New Poster

Re: Pause bar wont leave screen

The same thing is happening with me.. Other people said to just click the exit button on the remote but when i hit "exit" it just says that im watching my show live.. The exit button doesnt work for me but it might work for you

New Poster

Hi!  I experienced that same problem this morning - SO ANNOYING!  I turned off the Xfinity box and unplugged the red and white cable in the back of the box for about 30 seconds.  Then I replugged in the cable and turned on the box and everything worked great.  Good luck! Smiley Happy

New Poster

Program info will not go away

I cannot exit the program info at the bottom of my screen
Expert

@lpostek wrote:

The same thing is happening with me.. Other people said to just click the exit button on the remote but when i hit "exit" it just says that im watching my show live.. The exit button doesnt work for me but it might work for you

2 ways to fix this.  If you are recording on a DVR, enter power save mode by pressing power button...wait 2 seconds and press again or enter power save from within settings.

A reboot by pulling AC power will also remove this bar.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Program info will not go away

I am on here looking for the same solution.  Really this Xfinity is very annoying....will someone say why it is not going way the show identification at the bottom of the screen?

New Poster

I'm looking for the same thing it is DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

New Poster

Pause bar won't leave screen and hitting the exit does not solve the problem. I am not recording anything either.
New Poster

Question about display

How do I remove the display at the bottom of the screen that shows the program I am watching and it's timeline.

New Poster

I just rebooted my box and the info at the bottom is gone. I hit "A" under the last button it comes up restart hit "ok"  then it seemed to solve the problem. This takes a few min.

New Poster

Simply unplug your x1 box from the power outlet, wait 30 secs, and plug it back in. Restart your system and it will go away.
Expert

Re: Question about display

@mustangsuzie64 wrote:

How do I remove the display at the bottom of the screen that shows the program I am watching and it's timeline.

To quickly remove it, enter power save mode then return.

You can also remove by rebooting the box but this takes much more time.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@TJ0660 wrote:
Pause bar won't leave screen and hitting the exit does not solve the problem. I am not recording anything either.

See message #3 above.

New Poster

info line on tv screen

The info line that shows when you change channels has been on constantly today. Have tried turning off tv and nothing changes. And the line actually has incorrect info on it.

Expert

Re: we have pushed the exit button it does not remove annoying bar accross the bottom of the screen

@tmarieburns wrote:

how can I remove the annoying bar accross the bottom of the screen. exit button does not do it.

Enter Power Save mode using the power button or from within settings.  Press power button again.

ANother way is to reboot the box, that will take more time.

New Poster

show display

When I watch a tv show the info doesn't leave the screen. It shows what the show title is and also how far into the show it is. I can't find anything in the settings to turn it off. 

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: info line on tv screen

@anetski99 wrote:

The info line that shows when you change channels has been on constantly today. Have tried turning off tv and nothing changes. And the line actually has incorrect info on it.

Reboot the box by pulling AC power plug.  Plug back in.  This should remove the progress bat that is frozen and incorrect.

New Poster

We have this issue also, although it does not display the actual title and time of the program we are watching, just 'Paid Programming' and a time bar. Turning off and turning the box back on seems to clear it; unfortunately, this happens every day when we turn the TV on for the first time that day.

New Poster

A lot of you seem to be annoyed by the black band with the play arrow and progress timeline that pops up for a few seconds when you change channels.

My problem is different. It's down there wasting the bottom 1/3 of the screen and won't go away. I've tried using PAUSE but the TV tells me LIVE (you can't pause a live show, at least not with my service). Likewise, if I try EXIT I get the LIVE notice.  I've tried restarting my TV. There was an outage this morning with some channels unavailable for some reason, so it might be related. Any ideas as to how to get the bottom 1/3 of my screen back?

FOLLOWUP: After posting I got the bright idea to reboot my X1, and voila! Fixed.

New Poster

Thanks!

That worked for me as well...new to Xfinity - good to know that "A" is for restart.

They must have pushed out some kind of update or something?

Silver Problem Solver

You need to reboot the box.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Comcast is preparing a fix.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert
Moved:

Re: show display

New Poster

DVR Display while watching show

When I go and play a show on my DVR the menu that shows the name, channel, and the length of the show displays on the bottom of my screen and doesn't disappear after a couple seconds. How do I turn off this option?
New Poster

i want to include tect on bottom if screen and channell sel but screen size is too large

SCreen on TV is too large  can not see scroll  on bottom of picture

New Poster

Re: DVR Display while watching show

I don't know how to fix that, but it is happening to me too.  This isn't the first time either.

New Poster

Display on Television

I can't get rid of the display at the bottom of the picture.  I don't want that on the screen!

New Poster

Re: Display on Television

I am having the same problem with one of my tvs. I can usually figure out what to do to fix it but I can't. Any ideas?

New Poster

I had the same problem. But simple fix. Go to Xfinity, settings, Help and then Restart. Let the box reboot and it should take care of that problem.
New Poster

We're having the same issue! Didn't used to but now it's there and I can not make it go away!

New Poster

Thank you.....never thought of restarting : ) Trying it now. 

New Poster

TV display item

At the bottom of my TV screen, no matter what I am watching, it shows Hallmark station and a line for the time of the show appears (just like it does when you are fast forwarding, etc.)   Cannot get rid of the display, even while watching a show.

New Poster

screen appearance

A bar appears across the bottom of the screen with a picture of the show recorded, a time line with time elapsed and the name of the show.  I can't delete it and it obscures 25% of the screen.  How can i get rid of it?

New Poster

Progress/information bar at bottom of screen

The progress bar at the bottom of my screen will not leave.  I have pressed "exit" and it's still there.  Super annoying.  Tried turning it off and back on, but still there.  Any advice?

New Poster

Re: Progress/information bar at bottom of screen

I just had this too, and unplugged the box and plugged it back in. Seems to have cleared it.

New Poster

Time line display on TV screen

I can't get rid of the time line bar on my TV screen.  It usually shows up when you pause and goes away when you resume.  Mine is on and won't leave.  It's blocking the bottom tird of my screen.  Any ideas?

Regular Visitor

Re: TV display item

I have the same problem. Called Comcast and their automated system said they would reboot

the system = did nothing to solve the problem.

Frequent Visitor

Just turn the box off manually then turn it back on. Mine went away. Good luck

@adrienml wrote:

there is a program photo, timeline, program name at the bottom of the screen blocking the bottom part of the display.  it won't disappear and pressing the Exit button doesn't help. i am watching regular TV.

the right side has the name of the program below the timeline and the right side has "DVR Bloomberg TV".

How did this happen and how do i make it go away?

New Poster

Re: Time line display on TV screen

I have the same problem. Have you got it fixed yet?
New Poster

Ours just started doing that today too. Still trying to figure it out 😕
New Poster

Had the same problem. Thanks for the help. Rebooted. It appears to have disappeared. Tried calling Xfinity twice since 11 am this morning.. On hold over 15 minutes each time and finaly hung up.

New Poster

Same problem here. This morning Channels wouldn't change. One problem solved another one created
New Poster

Yep- having the same issue.  Won't go away with any of the suggestions given in the forum.  New software bug.  Showing up for me on every recorded/on demand program and will not disappear.

New Poster

Re: how do i remove the bottom banner indicating live show -thjisa blocks the viewing screen

How do you put this in power save mode?
New Poster

Ok. We turned the tv off, unplugged the power cord to the box, plugged it back in, turned the tv back on, and it was gone. 👍😎
New Poster

I was having this annoying issue and I finally turned off the box, waited about 30 seconds, turned it back on, and the information below went away.  It was annoying me all day!  Hope that helps!

New Poster

The same thing happened to us.  We cancelled the current recording, deleted all, and couldn't get rid of the bar.  THANK YOU for the advice.  Unplugging and rebooting the box did the trick.  The progress bar is gone, but it took a few seconds after the reboot before it disappeared.  So, if this happens to you and you see it momentarily, give it a few seconds to disappear.  Thanks again for the help.

Maggiemod