Community Forum

pausing then resuming

New Poster

pausing then resuming

when I pause a program and then resume, the screen captures a narrowly focused part of the entire viewing area. In other words a small area of the display window has been enlageged t?o fill the entire scene. The viwing area is zoomed in 50% such that most of the viwing area is off the screen,

How is this rectified

Expert

Re: pausing then resuming

SGF1613 wrote:

when I pause a program and then resume, the screen captures a narrowly focused part of the entire viewing area. In other words a small area of the display window has been enlageged t?o fill the entire scene. The viwing area is zoomed in 50% such that most of the viwing area is off the screen,

How is this rectified

are you using an X1 set top box? a desk/laptop? a smart device  (phone or tablet)? a Roku?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

an X1 set top box

Expert

SGF1613 wrote:

an X1 set top box

Do you have the HD technology included on your account? It sounds like the TV is switching to some kind of zoom setting automatically. Was this while playing back a recording or while playing an on-demand program?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

We do have HD. It is as if the TV is switching to some kind of zoom setting automatically. It happens when we are playing back a recording/ on-demand program and when we are watching TV and paused momentarily. When we resume watching the zoom mode kicks in.  The only way we have found to cure it is to get out of the recording all together and then go back to it. If while watching TV there is no cure. You have to endure it or fast forward to live streaming before the condition rights itself.