Community Forum

pairing remote with sharp tv

New Poster

pairing remote with sharp tv

I have Sharp Aquos TV and Vizio sound bar.  I just got the new Xfinity X1 Entertainment system.  Everything works great except for one small thing with pairing the remote.  The remote pairs well with the box, the sound bar and will turn up volume on the TV but will not turn the TV on or off and will not respond to the TV  input button.  I put in all the codes for the TV and way down on the list there was one that worked but only controlled the volume.  Any ideas?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: pairing remote with sharp tv

Hmmm,

I have a four year old Sharp in the Master Bedroom. All three X1 remotes control it just fine. Maybe this will help: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/m-p/2550616#M73148

tomijo00 wrote:

I have Sharp Aquos TV and Vizio sound bar.  I just got the new Xfinity X1 Entertainment system.  Everything works great except for one small thing with pairing the remote.  The remote pairs well with the box, the sound bar and will turn up volume on the TV but will not turn the TV on or off and will not respond to the TV  input button.  I put in all the codes for the TV and way down on the list there was one that worked but only controlled the volume.  Any ideas?

New Poster

I had the same problem. I found that the company Hisense is making the sharp TV's. The Hisense code 12183 worked for pairing my voice remote to my sharp TV
New Poster

12183 did the trick for me. Thanks for posting and sharing the solution with the community.
Gold Problem Solver

Topic now Closed.