Community Forum

pairing remote with Samsung TV

Regular Contributor

pairing remote with Samsung TV

I just bought a Samsung Smart TV and when I tried to pair it up with my XR2 remote it just would not work.  I must have tried 5 different codes.  Is there something else I can try or do I really have to try EVERY single code to see if one of them might work?  Any ideas?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: pairing remote with Samsung TV

Did you follow the pairing instructions on the back of the XR2 remote?  

Regular Contributor

It works with the X1 box no problem. However, it does not control the volume and on/off on my new TV. So, if I do what it says on the back of the remote, it will fix the volume and on/ off problem?

Sent from my iPhone
Bronze Problem Solver

That's how it works for me.

Gold Problem Solver

Bend,

The instructions on the back of the remote deal with "pairing" an XR2 remote to your X1 box using radio frequency instead of infrared. If your X1 box is in line of sight of the remote, you should not need to concern yourself with this step.

In regards to the XR2 remote controlling your Samsung TV, you would follow the instructions on the sheet of paper that came with it, or you could check here: http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

If you try all of the Samsung codes and the manual code search process yet nothing works, I suspect you have a defective remote which Comcast stores replace for free.

bendmitchell wrote:

I just bought a Samsung Smart TV and when I tried to pair it up with my XR2 remote it just would not work.  I must have tried 5 different codes.  Is there something else I can try or do I really have to try EVERY single code to see if one of them might work?  Any ideas?

Regular Contributor

Here's the deal. I did try the website with the codes and I tried about 5 of them and none worked. I don't know if the remote is defective because the same remote worked with my old Sony TV. Is there anything else I can do? Should I try every code? That seems drastic.
Gold Problem Solver

Did you try the manual code search process? Did you reset the remote?

Like Sony remote codes, Samsung TV remote codes have not changed much for many years and there has been no complaints in this forum I am aware of.

I would be prepared to replace it...

Regular Contributor

I'm not sure what the manual code search is and how do you reset the remote?
Gold Problem Solver

ARGH,

The manual code search is on the remote instruction sheet and also on the link I gave you. Resetting the remote is setup for three seconds then 9-8-1.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, I'll try that
Regular Contributor

Got another question-- in order for your DVR to display your remote battery life, do you then use the steps on the back of the XR2?
Silver Problem Solver

bendmitchell wrote:
Got another question-- in order for your DVR to display your remote battery life, do you then use the steps on the back of the XR2?

Yes, but it seems the battery level doesn't work in some (unidetermined) situations.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

BendMitchell   were you able to pair your Samsung TV with the XR2 remote?  Here are the steps for the manual code search:

If you can't find a code that works for your TV after following the steps above:

1. Press and hold the Setup button for 3 seconds until the LED changes from red to green.
  2. Enter 9-9-1 on the remote. The LED should flash green twice.
  3. Press the CH ^ button multiple times until the TV turns off.
  4. After the TV turns off, press Setup.
  5. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the TV turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote to control your TV.

-----

Once you pair the XR2 remote to the main DVR box, see Xfniity > Settings > About to display the battery life on the remote.  This feature does not work with 150s.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I did get it to work finally. Thanks for all the help

Sent from my iPhone
Problem Solver

Good deal BendMitchell, glad you were able to reach a resolution here in the forums. I will close down this forum since a resolution has been added. 

BendMitchell, feel free to select one of these posts as the solution.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon