Community Forum

new x1 will not accept phone number

New Poster

new x1 will not accept phone number

It just keeps asking for the last 4 digits of my phone number OR my account number and the same phone number, rejecting all of them. Multiple Comcast employees on the phone from various departments are at a loss.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: new x1 will not accept phone number

@mikefooord wrote:

It just keeps asking for the last 4 digits of my phone number OR my account number and the same phone number, rejecting all of them. Multiple Comcast employees on the phone from various departments are at a loss.

Any help?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-self-installation-overview

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

I would exchange the box. You may have received a previously used box that still has previous customer information in it. At that point the easiest thing is to exchange it.

Are you sure you are entering the phone number that is actually tied to the account?

@mikefooord wrote:

New Poster

Used all online help already to no avail. Tech came to house. New (refurbished!) box had faulty software. First x1 off the truck also inoperative. Second box off truck, 3rd overall, finally worked after no TV for two days.

Gold Problem Solver

Well....

At least it's fixed.