Community Forum

netflix app needs update, cant connect. Comcast customer service sends me to Netflix.

New Poster

netflix app needs update, cant connect. Comcast customer service sends me to Netflix.

I can see both the youtube and the netflix apps, have never used them.  When I attempt to do so, it says something like, awesome, lets update so this will work, press continue and we will do the rest.  I press continue, and get an error that there is an issue connecting to the server.  This happens on youtube and netflix.  Rebooting and refreshing have not helped. I called and explained my error, they forwarded me to netflix, netflix says it is a comcast issue. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: netflix app needs update, cant connect. Comcast customer service sends me to Netflix.

X1 boxes have proven to be extremely signal sensitive and your issues sound signal related.

Most X1 issues cannot be troubleshooted remotely. Have Comcast send a tech out to investigate.

pixiekins wrote:

I can see both the youtube and the netflix apps, have never used them.  When I attempt to do so, it says something like, awesome, lets update so this will work, press continue and we will do the rest.  I press continue, and get an error that there is an issue connecting to the server.  This happens on youtube and netflix.  Rebooting and refreshing have not helped. I called and explained my error, they forwarded me to netflix, netflix says it is a comcast issue. 

Official Employee

Re: netflix app needs update, cant connect. Comcast customer service sends me to Netflix.

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.