Community Forum

need old remotes

New Poster

need old remotes

I moved.  My reinstall tech supplied 2 X1D TV boxes and two new remotes, XR15, and took the old ones, XR11.  The keys on the XR15 are tough,. I visited the Xfinity website, no help, I visited the store, they said they would have four remotes shipped from the warehouse.  Four XR2v3 remotes arrived, no MIC key, maybe no RF link?.   I checked Amazon, XR11 remotes available from $3-$10 and ordered two.  Will they work?

...Larry

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: need old remotes

They’ll work but does there happen to be a service center close by to pick some up? I can escalate it and see if we can send some out for you.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @baxterlkb

I can help by having some shipped. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can access your account? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Read my message.  I've got 2 arriving tomoorrow fro, Amazon...

New Poster

Thanks for your help but they're on the way from Amazon...

...Larry

Official Employee

Hi there, baxterlkb. I wanted to reach out and see how everything has gone. We don't charge for remotes and sometimes if it is a 3rd party seller, sometimes they do not work. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!