Community Forum

move close captioning bar location?

New Poster

move close captioning bar location?

How can I move close captions bars from the near center of my screen to the bottom of the TV screen?  The current captioning is two rows appearing near middle of screen both horizontally and vertically and highly distracting when watching shows.

I would prefer the close captioning bar be a single row at the bottom of the TV.  Can the cc position be changed by me, the viewer?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: move close captioning bar location?

My closed captioning location is in the lower left part of my screen so there should be some way to move yours out of the center.  I couldn't find anything in "Device Settings" that would move the location but hopefully someone in the forum is aware of a way to do this

New Poster

While visiting relatives, I brought up my problem. Their TV was same brand as mine and thdt same x1 box. 5hey turned on close captioning and the captions were at bottom or top of screen depending on program. They suggested that I my TV display was set low and zoom too full. So they came to my house and fiddled with the resolution and zoom controls with the CC on. They fixed it well enough that the captions do not appear near center of screen. The cc bars are now either at bottom or top of screen depending on whoever is talking it seems.

I wish the live captions can be fixed at bottom of screen like when I watch DVDs.
Bronze Problem Solver

I'm glad you got it taken care of.