Community Forum

i really like the smart resume

Contributor

i really like the smart resume

ty again for addeding a great new feature. the smart resume rocks. xfinty is defainty the leader in new technolgy. makes dvr awseome. I reay like it. makes life much better. ty again. don

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: i really like the smart resume

smart resume a.jpg

I just saw that on a program and it worked well.  Blue bar is program, yellow is the commercial slug. Press any speed FF and it advances to the end of the next commercial break.  Two thumbs UP.  

Regular Contributor

I like it as well ... when it works.

We recorded Hollywood Game Night last night and then watched it.  The recording only recognized the first two commercial breaks.

Valued Contributor

What is the criterior for which shows get this feature?   The Bravo program I saw it on this afternoon is on an NBC/Comcast network.  

If a program is "live" when recorded, does the smart advance work in playback?

It says currently, Smart Resume is only available for top shows on NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, Bravo, HGTV, Discovery, MTV and TLC.

Silver Problem Solver

@LeeSoFL wrote:

What is the criterior for which shows get this feature?   The Bravo program I saw it on this afternoon is on an NBC/Comcast network.  

If a program is "live" when recorded, does the smart advance work in playback?

Others, please post where it worked for you, in order to get a better sample of how widespread the feature works.

Bravo - RH of NYC aired 7/11

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/dvr-smart-resume

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the link RobertWy.

I wonder if flagging commercials is done electronically or if a person is actually logging break times?

Frequent Visitor

Recorded "The Last Days of John F Kennedy Jr" last night on ABC.....2 hr show from 9-11pm.  When watching it this afternoon, Smart Resume continued to FF close to 60 seconds into the program after the commercial break ended.  First time I have had a problem with Smart Resume.....has worked fine on all other show where available.

New Poster

i really like smart resume. it just appeared. i see not all channels have it. is this done by comcast. i'm reading that comcast made the decision to remove it.  that is so sad.  all the programs i watched are recorded first, i sit there with remote in hand trying to time when to stop. i actually have injured my hand.  please comcast make smart resume available and for all regular channels.  

New Poster

smart resume is great.