Community Forum

how to turn on caller id on tv on x1 tv box

Regular Visitor

how to turn on caller id on tv on x1 tv box

had caller id on all tvs but disappeared a couple days ago.  Tried to find out through support with Xfinity.  What is "caller id unit"?  Is that my telephone?

Tags (2)
Official Employee

Re: how to turn on caller id on tv on x1 tv box

Hi lynng7, I would be happy to clarify what part of the service your caller ID on your TV is a part of for you. Your caller ID is run through your modem to connect with your phone, when you get a call the modem talks to your cable box and flips a switch that allows your cable box to read the same information as your phone does. If this does not work anymore, then an equipment reset may be in order to resolve the issue. To reset your equipment please manually disconnect your cable box from the power source. Wait about 30 seconds, and then reconnect your box to the power source. This will allow your phone to communicate with your cable box again. 

New Poster

Make sure the Notification is turned on. Via Remote for X1 Box: press Xfinity button, scroll right and select gear icon, select Preferences, then select Notifications and turn on.
New Poster

A useless reply that fails to answer the question. Instead of a mumbo-jumbo non-explanation full of techno-gibberish, it would have been much better to just say how to change the preference, as the next reply does.

1. Press Xfinity button to bring up the Xfinity menu on the bottom of the screen.

2. Scroll right to select the Gear icon for settings, press OK. (Quicker to scroll left and wrap around to the right end.)

3. Scroll down to select Preferences, press OK.

4. Scroll down to select Xfinity Voice, then press OK to change the setting.

5. Press Exit to finish.

Contributor

wrote:

A useless reply that fails to answer the question. Instead of a mumbo-jumbo non-explanation full of techno-gibberish, it would have been much better to just say how to change the preference, as the next reply does.

1. Press Xfinity button to bring up the Xfinity menu on the bottom of the screen.

2. Scroll right to select the Gear icon for settings, press OK. (Quicker to scroll left and wrap around to the right end.)

3. Scroll down to select Preferences, press OK.

4. Scroll down to select Xfinity Voice, then press OK to change the setting.

5. Press Exit to finish.

You're right.  Even though the OP said it just started being an issue it's best to check the Preferences and Notifications settings as you suggested.  Sometimes folks get in there and fiddle with these settings not knowing they changed them. If everything is set right, THEN unplug the cable box to refresh it.  Smiley Happy

New Poster

That worked, thank you so much! It took me 3 different searches on the Comcast "help" to try to find the answer, but still could not figure it out until I found your post!