Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

hdmi connection of xfinity x1 to yamaha a/v receiver supported?

New Poster

hdmi connection of xfinity x1 to yamaha a/v receiver supported?

I am having an intermittent connection issue.  I leave my xfinity cable box powered up all the time and shutdown the receiver and TV each night.  Next day, I often am having a "No signal" type of message displayed by on the TV.  I have been cycling power to the xfinity box to resolve this... Perhaps I have connected the equipment in an unsupported configuration?

Cycling the power to the xfinity box is the only "fix" I have tried.  Makes me wonder if there is no support for hooking up cable box direct HDMI to A/V receiver and then HDMI from there to TV...  It could be that the receiver isn't handshaking (or whatever) once it is turned back on?  My receiver is old enough that is does not support Audio Return Channel over HDMI so, for that and other reasons, I do not want to connect the xfinity box direct to the TV.

Feedback please?

Official Employee

Re: hdmi connection of xfinity x1 to yamaha a/v receiver supported?

Xfinity button to Gear symbol to Device Settings to Power Preferences, what is it set at?
New Poster

Power Saver Starts After: 6 hours

I could be mistaken but I think this was previously set to 4 hours

Is your theory this needs to be set to "Off" ?

Official Employee

Test it at off, basically your box was going to sleep, resulting in the “No Signal” message from the receiver. Or leave it set to a time, when you turn on your equipment, press the channel up/down or Xfinity button to wake up the box.
New Poster

I will try a couple different things.  When I noticed the issue, I tried everything or so it seemed.  I know I tried "Guide" and that didnt revive it.

Seems like this shouldn't be a problem.  Will probably try it as-is overnight and be sure to try your exact suggestion before setting it to Off.

I like that it has a Power Saving mode, but if I can't use it -- will be a little disappointed,

Oh--what's with the thing the X1 box does at 3:00am every morning?  There is some sort of daily updating--or what??

Official Employee

Yes there is a nightly update, you can adjust to a different convenient time, Preferences to General, scroll down to Daily Update Time and press ok and adjust the time frame