Community Forum

guide colors

New Poster

guide colors

Hello, Is there a way to change the color from black on the TV guide page?  thanks in advance

Silver Problem Solver

Re: guide colors

if you have x1 and hit the Xfinity button choose the gear then device settings I think then background transparency then press the down arrow for some other background options. If you do not have x1 then press Menu two times then choose setup then guide color setup
New Poster

John,  Thanks for the response, I do have x1 and followed thru "device settings" found no   listing for   background transparency

Silver Problem Solver

I can't remember if it's under device settings or preferences or another menu, but it's background transparency you're looking for. Just look around, there aren't too many menus after clicking the gear icon to go through so it should be easy to find. 

Official Employee

John's got it, look for background darkness level
New Poster

I found that option to change the color on the background of the guide, but it won't stay on what I choose. I set my background transparency to 11, I think that's the darkest it will go, to show no transparency at all, then you hit the down arrow and it will give you the option to change guide colors. There are several cool options to choose from, but everytime I choose one, hit ok, get out of the guide, then go back a little while later, it has resorted back to the black screen. It won't stay on what I set it on.

Gold Problem Solver

tammimoore3603 wrote:

I found that option to change the color on the background of the guide, but it won't stay on what I choose. I set my background transparency to 11, I think that's the darkest it will go, to show no transparency at all, then you hit the down arrow and it will give you the option to change guide colors. There are several cool options to choose from, but everytime I choose one, hit ok, get out of the guide, then go back a little while later, it has resorted back to the black screen. It won't stay on what I set it on.

After you choose the background, Press the LAST BUTTON, not the OK button.... it will stick if you do that!

New Poster

Ok thanks for that tip geek46! 

New Poster

Does anyone happen to know why sometimes when viewing the guide the words all run together, or there are words running into other words and you can't read it?

Problem Solver

tammimoore3603 wrote:

Does anyone happen to know why sometimes when viewing the guide the words all run together, or there are words running into other words and you can't read it?

It does happen from time to time..If it prosist on an everyday basis than a visit from the comcast truck maybe needed. TAKE SCREEN SHOTS!!!!!!!

New Poster

John, Thanks for your help, finely found it!

Problem Solver

cjnichols wrote:

John, Thanks for your help, finely found it!

hey I found the background colors first. where are my kudos...lol...