Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

flickering snow, starry picture

New Poster

flickering snow, starry picture

I have White flickering snow all over my new sony tv. I have an xbr-75x900e, i was using the dvr "best available display" setting of 16:9 1080p60hd. I had recently set to this after finding it 2 days ago, had the tv for 3 weeks. Turned the tv on today and there was snow everywhere, not stationary, but like twinkling stars over the tv show that was on. I turned off, sat a sec and turned back on, still there. I changed the display settings down a notch to 1080 hd and it went away. Changed it back still gone. Is it going to happen again? I am assuming it is the dvr/comcast not my new tv....

I do plan on swapping out to the 4k box soon.

It seems my papers say the best available is what I have chosen now without the new box.

New hdmi cord, I know that doesn't mean it's not bad...

Changed tv display setting enhanced format: (displays high quality hdmi signals on hdmi inputs 2 & 3. Select this option only if your device supports high quality hdmi formats such as: 4k 60p 4:2:0 10 bit, 4:4:4, 4:4:2.)

I am in hdmi2

Silver Problem Solver

Re: fickering snow

Snow usually indicates a poor connection somewhere. First make sure all your coax connections are clean and tight. Try using a known good HDMI cable to HDMI 1 and see what happens.

New Poster

Re: fickering snow

Will swap the cable, but it has been fine since I reset the video display, kinda weird...

I can still watch the show, btw, not total snow, just starry. It has not happened but the 1 time.