Community Forum

fast forward with smart resume

Highlighted
New Poster

fast forward with smart resume

Does anyone else dislike this new fast forward "with smart resume"?  Am I not using it correctly?  It sure doesn't make my zooming faster.  I find it irritating.  Can someone help me understand what I may be doing wrong or how I can get back to the good old "fast forward"?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: fast forward with smart resume

@dd45 wrote:

Does anyone else dislike this new fast forward "with smart resume"?  Am I not using it correctly?  It sure doesn't make my zooming faster.  I find it irritating.  Can someone help me understand what I may be doing wrong or how I can get back to the good old "fast forward"?

just press fast forward on the remote 2-3 times and wait til the show resumres. feature is availalble on many prime time shows.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@dd45 wrote: ... how I can get back to the good old "fast forward"?

See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/dvr-smart-resume.

Highlighted
New Poster

I think it is great change

Hit your forward button 4 times and let go. It fast forward to nextpart of program. You wont go past it and have to move backwards to find next scene

Enjoy it!