Community Forum

error code xre-03010

New Poster

error code xre-03010

replaced a cable box today, not my primary one.  made all the connection according to the instruction and keep getting "we've run into a problem contact your service provider"  spoke with 5 different people and no help.  screen shows xre 03010.  tried rebooting and still nothing.  primary tv works fine

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: error code xre-03010

@rayludwiczak wrote:

replaced a cable box today, not my primary one.  made all the connection according to the instruction and keep getting "we've run into a problem contact your service provider"  spoke with 5 different people and no help.  screen shows xre 03010.  tried rebooting and still nothing.  primary tv works fine

Does the box appear in My Account?

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello, rayludwiczak. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums, I apologize to hear you are running into this error on the new box. That code usually has something to do with the firmware trying to update. You may want to double check the coax cable on the back of the box as well as the wall plate to make sure your connections are finger tight. If you still find yourself running into the issue, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I can look further into the issue.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, rayludwiczak. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!