Community Forum

error code XRE00021

Regular Visitor

error code XRE00021

X1 dvr will not tune to PBS, all other stations have no problems.

Official Employee

Re: error code XRE00021

That means something is knocking off the frequency PBS comes in on. Check that all your connections are tight and remove any unnecessary splitters. If no improvement, call for a tech visit to troubleshoot further.
New Poster

I had xfinity installed on 5/20/15 . I 've had 2 diffrent tects come out since then because this error keeps happeneding 3-4 times per day. The last time a (few days ago) the tect told me the signal was too strong coming from the pole and had a lineman come and lower the signal strength. everything seemded to be working fine . Just got home from work and wanted to watch some tv and guess what ? ITS BACK ! i really want to keep comcast but im feeling like i need to cancel before my 30 days are up. 

New Poster

I just had my service installed yesterday. I receive this error when i try to tune to ANY HD channel.

Countless hours, numerous customer reps and a no-show service call, I'm no closer to watching HD...

GRRRRRRRR.....
Gold Problem Solver

Your box did not activate properly. Are you attempting a "self installation"???

Sorry but you need to call the X1 help line and have them reinitialize the box and possibly resend "entitlements".

tadrobot wrote:
I just had my service installed yesterday. I receive this error when i try to tune to ANY HD channel.

Countless hours, numerous customer reps and a no-show service call, I'm no closer to watching HD...

GRRRRRRRR.....

New Poster

Thanks. They have sent many "fixes" down the line already. I'll call back AGAIN and specifically ask for the "entitlements".

I had a "professional" from comcast complete the installation yesterday.
Gold Problem Solver

Take it one step further. I seem to recall that XRE-00021 is an OnDemand credit limit issue...

tadrobot wrote:
Thanks. They have sent many "fixes" down the line already. I'll call back AGAIN and specifically ask for the "entitlements".

I had a "professional" from comcast complete the installation yesterday.

Regular Visitor

Thanks ComcastAndrew, after many attempts by tech support and X1 tier 2 tech support they were unable to resolve my issue. I have a service call pending on 7/17/2015 hopefully they will be able to resolve this gremlin in the system.

New Poster

Did anybody get this fixed? It's happening to
Me after getting the new X1 system installed three days ago. It worked great for two days, then boom, no more HD channels ! Only create-03059 and 00021 error codes.
Official Employee

Hi sniggity, are you still experiencing these errors?

Thank you

Contributor

Well this mornig I am getting this error on the main cable box. Also getting errors xre03059 on all boxes.

Here is what I did so far.

Woke up and bedroom box (not main) had error xre03059 try reset, restart, unplug same error 

went to living room and attempted to change channel no luck error xre03059 same steps no fix

Went to entertainment room this is where the main cable box is located. after power on it had the error XRE0021. I unpluged for 30 seconds and repluged. Same problems I get errors xre00021 and xre03059

HELP

Silver Problem Solver

RMP1 wrote:

Well this mornig I am getting this error on the main cable box. Also getting errors xre03059 on all boxes.

Here is what I did so far.

Woke up and bedroom box (not main) had error xre03059 try reset, restart, unplug same error 

went to living room and attempted to change channel no luck error xre03059 same steps no fix

Went to entertainment room this is where the main cable box is located. after power on it had the error XRE0021. I unpluged for 30 seconds and repluged. Same problems I get errors xre00021 and xre03059

HELP

3059 meant an outage in my area.  Check My Account on the web.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.